Manager of Operations
Ucluelet is home to some of the most pristine coastlines Canada has to offer! Mountain and ocean views visible from almost every corner of the peninsula. Ucluelet is a thriving small town, rich with local indigenous history, a bustling tourist economy, wonderful local businesses, and is surrounded by natural beauty. Take a walk on the Wild Pacific Trail, surf the beach breaks in the Pacific Rim National Park, kayak around the Broken Group islands, or view astonishing old growth trees in the rainforest.
Enjoy a true work- life balance by experiencing your vacation everyday.
The District of Ucluelet is offering a unique opportunity for a qualified candidate interested in the role of Manager of Operations. Reporting to the Director of Engineering Services, this position will be responsible for leading the day-to-day functions of the Operations Department, which includes the Parks and Public Works divisions. The department has 12 full time employees including a dedicated public works foreperson and parks foreperson which will report directly to the Operations Manager.
The Operation’s portfolio includes municipal water, wastewater and storm systems, facilities, roads and sidewalks, fleet, all municipal parks, playgrounds, sports fields, trails and pathways. The Manager is a leadership role that provides excellent communication, sound fiscal responsibility, and ensures the municipality is well built, maintained to a state of good repair, and that the department is delivering safe, reliable, and responsive operational services.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- A degree, diploma or trade from a recognized post-secondary institution related to the disciplines of public works and parks; or
- An equivalent combination of experience, education and training may be considered; and,
- 7-10 years of progressive leadership/management experience preferably in a local government setting;
- Preference may be given to candidates with successful completion of Level 2 of the Public Works Supervisor Program from the Canadian Public Works Association of British Columbia as well as the completion of Environmental Operator’s Certification Program;
- Preference will be given to candidates with horticulture training and experience;
- A valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License;
- The successful applicant will be required to provide criminal record clearance as a condition of employment.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- A competitive wage range of $98,000 to $104,000 depending on your skills and qualifications;
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- Enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan;
- A flexible work schedule, including provisions for flex days, flex week and lieu time.
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses;
- Provisions for ongoing professional development; and
- Rental housing available.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
For complete details on the job responsibilities and benefits, contact the Consultant below for a copy of the Supplementary Information Package. When you’re ready to start work in your new office in Ucluelet BC, send your resume and cover letter by Monday, March 4, 2024 at 5:00 pm PST to:
Flo Pugh, Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment
Manager of Operations
5 years or more
$98,000.00 to $104,000.00 Year
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Public Works & Operations
February 12, 2024, 4:25 pm
March 4, 2024, 5:00 pm