Municipality of Temagami
Chief Administrative Officer
Temagami is the gateway to Ontario’s wilderness region. Temagami has old growth pine forests, smooth blue waters, brilliantly white powder snow, and bountiful fish and wildlife. Over the centuries, people have been drawn to the area for employment and recreation alike, experiencing all that it has to offer.
We want you to enjoy the collegiality and lifestyle benefits of a small town and be part of a community that creates a sense of belonging. We offer you an opportunity to join a growing municipality and conduct interesting, high-quality work with great staff and volunteers.
We are an innovative and forward-thinking municipality that offers many services aimed at helping to create a friendly, safe, affordable, and family oriented northern rural community.
QUALIFICATIONS We Need A Leader That Can What It Takes To Do The Job
- Manage the operations of the municipality in a responsible and cost-effective manner
- Lead a management team in the implementation of Council decisions
- A minimum of five (5) successful years as a senior municipal leader.
- Engage, inform and inspire Council and staff
- Degree in Public or Business Administration or related field
- Provide progressive policy and strategic advice to Council
- Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) or equivalent municipal designation
- Provide overall financial management and fiscal policy development in consultation with the municipal treasury.
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and interpretation of applicable legislations and regulations
What You Bring To Our Team
- Superior ability to lead, motivate and direct a team.
- Strive to create an environment where everyone is respected and included.
- Persevere and strive for excellence in all that we do, no matter the obstacles that may arise.
- Use your power and influence for the greater good of all involved.
- Lead with integrity and courage, setting an example for others to follow.
- Encourage open dialogue and collaboration amongst team members.
- Be a role model for those around you, inspiring them to reach their full potential.
- Strive to develop relationships based on trust, respect, and understanding with those that you lead.
- Listen to the ideas and opinions of others without prejudice or judgement.
- Be an example of innovation, creativity, and resilience.
- Inspire people with your enthusiasm and passion for success.
If you believe your experience and qualifications align with the requirements of this position, submit your resume and cover letter, in confidence via e-mail to, email@example.com by March 1, 2024. Please describe your skills and talents and how they would help you succeed in this role. A job description is available upon request. Questions may be addressed by calling; Probity Municipal Consulting at 705-914-0551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Administrative Officer
5 years or more
February 12, 2024, 8:40 am
March 1, 2024, 4:30 pm