Be a part of something great!
Job Title: Information Officer (up to 3)
Competition Number: 24-B009
Employment Type: Auxiliary
Pay Rate: $31.97 - $37.58 per hour (five
steps, 2024 rates) plus 13.5% in lieu benefits
Hours of Work: Non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week
Competition Opening Date: February 12, 2024
Competition Internal Closing Date: February 21, 2024
Competition External Closing Date: February 25, 2024
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 3 auxiliary Information Officer’s to join our team of professionals in the RCMP Division. Reporting to the Manager, Police Operations Support, in this unionized position you will perform administrative, technical and advisory work in support of Police Services, the Front Counter and the Community Policing Office.
- Takes fingerprints and photographs of individuals as required; assists members of other police agencies and detachments and municipal staff as required; and prepares a variety of reports
- Provide a variety of information and assistance to the general public and identify/interpret offenses and infractions of municipal, federal or provincial statutes, bylaws, acts and regulations
- Assess reported offenses and other matters by phone, email and in-person
- Receive and investigate various complaints including thefts from vehicles, willful damage to vehicles and stolen, lost or recovered property
- Process private investigation and security employment applications, Police Information Checks, and Visa applications
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of Grade 12 and sound related experience including familiarity with provincial and federal statutes, municipal bylaws and police procedures and regulations; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of federal and provincial statutes, acts and regulations and of municipal bylaws and divisional policies, procedures and regulations
- Sound knowledge of the various agencies and services available in the community and the type of assistance they can provide to the public
- Ability to establish priorities, schedule workload to meet deadlines and handle and coordinate a variety of ongoing issues at various stages of completion
- Experience with the ability to operate various police systems including CPIC, CAD, PRIME, JUSTIN and RMS software
- Enhanced reliability status is required (note - not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment)
Candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application.
BC Class 5 (full privilege) Driver’s License. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5-year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Driver. Factor Report will not be accepted.
Applications without the attached required documents above will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
Visit tol.ca/careers to apply for this exciting career opportunity in a growing community. The Township of Langley is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Experience an asset
$31.97 to $37.58 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
Privacy & Records
February 12, 2024, 8:28 am
February 25, 2024, 4:30 pm