UTILITIES TECHNOLOGIST(Engineering Technologist – Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Systems)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of theSquamish, Tsleil-Waututh and Musqueam Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The West Vancouver Engineering Utilities Planning, Design, and Project Delivery Department seeking a permanent, full-time Utilities Technologist to join our highly qualified team. Reporting to the Utilities Project Engineer, the Utilities Technologist will be responsible for technical field and office work related to a variety of municipal engineering functions. The successful candidate will:
- participate in planning and design of systems and projects related to storm, sanitary, and water utilities;
- prepare quantity and construction cost estimates, make technical computations and calculations, and issue drawings and related documents for assigned projects;
- assist in public procurement processes, including composing and evaluating utility project related tenders and request for proposals;
- conduct field investigations of design areas to assess site conditions, make recommendations for project modifications, and ensure conformity of plans to municipal standards, policies and regulations;
- prepare and maintain materials such as reports, plans, design drawings, records, and correspondence;
- review a variety of design drawings, reports, and documentation;
- coordinate and respond to technical inquiries; and
- coordinate and manage business and resident communications for construction and utility related projects.
- a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- a membership or eligibility for full membership in the Applied Science Technologist and Technicians Association of BC as an AScT or CTech;
- demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, AutoCAD;
- strong customer service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- a valid Class 5 drivers’ license for the Province of British Columbia.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the class specification which is available for inspection on WestNet or contact Human Resources to request a copy.
Union (WVMEA) – Permanent, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Starting Rate of Pay:
$43.79 per hour
This position has a pay structure with five steps which increase annually.
11:59 pm on February 29, 2024
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted
Experience an asset
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Sewer & Wastewater Services
February 9, 2024, 5:01 pm
February 29, 2024, 11:59 pm