UTILITIES PROJECT ENGINEER(Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Systems)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The West Vancouver Engineering Utilities Planning, Design, and Project Delivery Department is seeking a permanent, full-time Project Engineer with extensive knowledge and experience in water, sanitary, and stormwater systems. As a key member of the team, you will provide expertise to contribute to the planning, design and construction of a wide variety of municipal infrastructure projects and initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity for a utilities engineer who is interested in expanding their experience in utilities management and make meaningful contributions to a beautiful community.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering Utilities Planning, Design, and Project Delivery, the successful candidate will provide direction and supervision to technologists to facilitate the provision of the above noted responsibilities. This position will be also responsible for:
- facilitating the planning, design, construction, and management of municipal infrastructure/services;
- participating in the development of long range utility plans and aiding in the development of programs and plans related to ongoing Asset Management activities;
- developing short and long range coordinated capital programs;
- participating in budget preparation for utilities capital initiative;
- undertaking engineering utilities reviews for subdivision and major development permit applications;
- producing legislatively required submissions to senior governments; and
- resolving problems and complaints related to engineering matters and providing information and assistance to the public.
The successful candidate will be required to supply an acceptable Police Information Check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
$111,200 - $125,200 per annum
11:59 pm on March 1, 2024
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted
3 years to less than 5 years
$111,200.00 to $125,200.00 Year
February 9, 2024, 4:59 pm
March 1, 2024, 11:59 pm