Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Conference Sales Coordinator
This is your opportunity to be part of the City of New Westminster’s showpiece civic facility. With 84,000 square feet of interior space, Anvil Centre offers 10,000-square feet of dedicated conference and event facilities, a flexible 361-seat non-proscenium theatre, multi-purpose rooms and art studios, the New Media Gallery, the City’s Museum & Archives, the Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame, Community Art Space and Tourism New Westminster’s visitor information.
Selling a memorable experience is the essence of this Conference and Event Sales role at Anvil Centre. Your professionalism and knowledge of the venue and City of New Westminster will reflect positively in how you present the property and destination, creatively book events and build strong relationships will create loyalty, ensuring your clients will always come back to Anvil Centre.
We are looking for an experienced event conference sales professional for a temporary full-time role. Reporting to the Manager, Conference Sales and Marketing, you will provide professional, friendly, and engaging service to both internal and external customers. Achieve sales targets through prospecting and client relationship management, draft tailored, quality proposals, and prepare quotes in response to event inquiries, conduct site tours, confirm event bookings by written contracts, execute and post-event follow-up, participate in trade shows and other promotional events, maintain accounts and contacts, and track all sales activities within the appropriate software applications. You will also work closely with catering and conference services to ensure all details of the event contract are delivered and clients are satisfied, prepare reports as required, as well as balance operational, administrative, and colleague needs.
If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- You have completed Grade 12 supplemented by post-secondary education, preferably a degree/diploma in a related discipline, plus you have sound experience in a conference facility, conference / convention hotel, specifically in a sales role and have solid event management skills.
- You are well-versed in the completion of the sales cycle: lead, inquiry, proposal, contract, execution, and follow-up, and cold-calling and outbound sales calls are your area of expertise.
- You have a solid understanding of event logistics, including but not limited to A/V requirements; building conversions and the timing considerations related to these activities; catering requirements, in order to provide accurate pricing quotes to clients for all of these related event charges.
- Your outstanding communication and organizational skills allows you to liaise seamlessly with colleagues to ensure accurate forecasting of bookings and contractual terms as well as ensure completion and accuracy in all key documents, correspondence, and business records.
- You are highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- You have the ability to focus attention on client needs, remaining professional, calm, and courteous at all times.
- You have working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, and proficiency in an event booking system such as Momentus (Ungerboeck).
- You will work extended non-standard hours as operationally required.
- You have the ability to pass and maintain a satisfactory Police Information Check.
Apply online with your resume and cover letter in one document at www.newwestcity.ca/employment.
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
New Westminster is on the unceded and unsurrendered land of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples.
It is acknowledged by the City that colonialism has made invisible their histories and connections to the land.
We are learning and building relationships with the people whose lands we are on.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Conference Sales Coordinator
Experience an asset
$38.77 to $42.76 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
Marketing & Sales
February 9, 2024, 8:55 am
May 31, 2024, 2:00 pm