Watch Clerk - RCMPJob Close Date:
Penticton, BC, CAN V2A5A9
Penticton, BC, Canada
Attractive benefits, vacation and pension package
Watch Clerk - RCMP - Penticton, BC - City of Penticton Jobs (prevueaps.ca)
Penticton is a vibrant, innovative, healthy waterfront city focused on sustainability, community, and economic opportunity. At the City of Penticton, our goal is to serve our residents, businesses, and visitors through good governance, partnership and the delivery of effective and community-focused services.
The City of Penticton is looking to fill the position of Watch Clerk at our RCMP Detachment. The mission of the Penticton RCMP is to serve and protect the community, and work in partnership with the community to deliver a responsive and progressive police service. The RCMP promote respect for rights and freedoms, the law and democratic traditions, and treat all people equally and with respect in accordance with the RCMP's core values.
Reporting to the Municipal Operations Manager, the Watch Clerk provides support to the operational members and records section of the Penticton Detachment.
- Reviews and scores RCMP operational files in accordance with CCJS, UCR classification and adherence to PRIME-BC policy.
- Reviews PRIME operational files to ensure compliance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation and RCMP policy and guidelines.
- Completes Quality Assurance and CCJS error reports as required.
- Enters/queries files in CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) as required.
- Reviews and maintains the Master Name Index within PRIME.
- Completes statement transcription.
- Monitors CPIC mail after hours.
- Provides quality assurance with Intellibook arrest records.
- Able to work competently in PRIME, CPIC and JUSTIN is required, as well as, Microsoft Word and email.
- Proficient with switchboard, complaint taking and telephone reporting in an RCMP environment.
- Able to transcribe statements at a minimum speed of 55 w.p.m.
- Able to consistently produce precise work with superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required as the R.C.M.P. is a team based environment.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of hours. This position will involve working shifts on a rotating basis (2 day shifts, followed by 2 night shifts).
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Prime Records Management Course.
- CPIC Maintenance Course.
- Have and maintain RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance.
At the City of Penticton, we recognize that great talent and great ideas come from a variety of backgrounds. Tapping into the diversity of our community makes us all stronger and allows us to serve Penticton even better.
That's why we welcome all applicants to consider joining our team. We encourage Indigenous persons, people of colour, all genders and expressions, 2SLGBT2QIA+, persons living with disabilities, and others who reflect our ever-changing workplace to apply.
So, if your experience is close to what we're looking for, we would love a chance to talk about working with you. We welcome your cover letter and resume by December 3, 2023.
Position type: Full-time Permanent (35 hours per week)
Wage: $32.18 - $35.76 per hour (Pay Grade 9, CUPE)
Benefits: Attractive benefits, vacation and pension package
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Watch Clerk - RCMP
Experience an asset
$32.18 to $35.76 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
November 20, 2023, 9:53 am
December 3, 2023, 4:30 pm