Be a part of something great!
Telecommunications Operator II
(up to 4)
Bulletin File #: 23-U172
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to four regular full-time Telecommunications Operator II’s to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division, Telecommunications Department. Reporting to the Telecommunications Supervisor, in this unionized position you will be responsible for receiving requests for police services.
- Receive requests for police services, determine the nature and priority of each request and if attendance by a unit is required
- Assign unit(s) to attend as appropriate according to the area, the priority of the call and the number/type of units available
- Provide situation data and handle high priority calls as required
- Elicit details on the incident/complaint from the caller, complete the appropriate report and enter complaint details in the PRIME system
- Access CPIC using the PRIME system to enquire on the status of a vehicle license plate or other matter related to a report
- Perform related duties as required
- Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by standard commercial subjects and courses in keyboard operation
- Completion of a training program designated by the detachment and some related experience, preferably in law enforcement or public safety communications, including some experience as a Telecommunications Operator I or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Working knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada, the Motor Vehicle Act, and other appropriate bylaws and regulations
- Skill in the operation of radio, telephone, CPIC, PRIME, and related equipment requiring dual monitor multi-mode communication is essential
- Ability to operate various police and standard office systems with speed and accuracy, including PRIME, PoliceCAD, and CPIC
- RCMP Enhanced Reliability Status is required (Note - not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $34.63 - $40.74 per hour (5 steps, 2024 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are four days on/four days off (2 days and 2 nights) 7:00am – 7:00pm; 7:00pm – 7:00am; non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
The Township of Langley is an equal opportunity employer. If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: November 28, 2023
External closing date for this competition: December 3, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Telecommunications Operator II
Experience an asset
$34.63 to $40.74 Hour
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
November 20, 2023, 8:36 am
December 3, 2023, 4:30 pm