Be a part of something great!
Engineering Technologist II
Bulletin File #: 23-U173
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Engineering Technologist II to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Engineering Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Services, in this unionized position you will apply your knowledge, creativity and experience to coordinate projects, monitor progress and assist in the direction of design projects and contract administration.
- Design, plan, estimate, inspect and review infrastructure for major water, storm and sanitary systems and related facilities, road rehabilitation, construction and maintenance of asphalt, traffic systems, and street lighting
- Liaise and coordinate between engineering and/or construction firms and operations, establish project requirements and prepare project schedules while monitoring budgets
- Prepare, review and maintain a variety of materials such as technical studies and status reports, correspondence, tender and project specifications
- Design and prepare layout work for large project components and review all invoices, change orders and other payment claims
- Conduct field inspections and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and established regulations
- Liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts including other departments, the public, consultants, contractors, engineers and other agencies on engineering requirements, policies and related matters
- Perform related work as required
- Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a diploma in civil and structural technology, building technology or other related discipline, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus considerable related experience preferably in a Municipal setting, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Considerable knowledge of engineering principles and construction practices and procedures applicable to the work performed
- Sound knowledge and experience of budgeting and standard cost fundamentals for projects and programs
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with internal/external contacts, the public, consultants, and contractors
- Working knowledge of the Master Municipal Construction Documents will be considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5-year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and/or Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
- Certification or eligibility for certification as an Applied Science Technologist within the Province of British Columbia
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $44.22 - $52.21 per hour (5 steps, 2024 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
The Township of Langley is an equal opportunity employer. If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: November 28, 2023
External closing date for this competition: December 4, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Engineering Technologist II
Experience an asset
$44.22 to $52.21 Hour
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
November 20, 2023, 8:32 am
December 4, 2023, 4:30 pm