Capital Regional District
Manager, Financial Systems
This position is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction specific to the CRD’s planning, coordination and supervision of the Financial Systems section. As a member of the Financial Services team, the incumbent leads the implementation of financial system strategies and projects as directed by the Senior Manager of Financial Services and in partnership with information technology to support the planning, development, delivery, implementation and evaluation of systems upgrades including SAP projects. As a change agent, the manager will drive change towards a more collaborative and consultative business partnership with divisional clients. The position also works collaboratively with other division managers as well as CRD departments to provide best-in-class customer service with a commitment to continuous improvement, simplification, transparency, and innovation.
Key Accountabilities/Position Outcomes
- Leads the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the operation of all financial management systems and software, in collaboration with Information Technology. Collaborates and consults with Financial Services leadership, stakeholder groups and finance staff to identify and understand the CRD’s financial system hierarchy and deployment.
- Manages all Financial Services Division activities related to financial systems, operations and processes necessary for the development, maintenance, data quality monitoring and management of the master data maintenance of related modules (i.e. FM, FI, CO, etc.) and , other related financial systems.
- Through review of critical business and financial processes (order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, hire-to-retire, record-to-report), provides leadership, recommendations and direction on the development of financial systems.
- Prepares and provides business cases for possible solutions and oversees the procurement and project implementation of financial solutions. Develops requirements road maps and oversees the implementation of enhancements. Provides reporting and analysis of financial information.
- Works collaboratively with the Divisions to forecast upcoming project needs.
- Leads business process optimization projects, in partnership with business owners, establishing both current and future direction of the CRD’s financial management software and systems by applying a continuous improvement approach of process review, documentation and education. (i.e. Lean) Leads the development of the financial systems training strategy and implementation of relevant training to optimize the systems by supporting Finance and corporate users of systems, where applicable.
- Recommends enhancements to the system training strategy for the financial services division.
- Develops, implements and monitors adherence to corporate financial policy and procedures relating to financial systems.
- In coordination with IT, ensuring all financial systems are being used optimally, coordinating regular financial system updates, maintaining master data, and ensuring all financial systems can continue to meet operational requirements. Provides input and leadership in support of decision making of financial issues affecting the organization and brings best-in-class ideas to implement cost and process efficiencies on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of employees and contractors within area of responsibility, including employment and labour relations matters involving: employee hiring, promotion, demotion and other personnel matters; discipline and discharge; representing management in the grievance procedure; input on behalf of management into labour relations matters, and representing management on committees; maintaining Employer confidentiality; and developing, supporting and implementing various corporate and legislated policies, procedures and practices.
- Provides periodic updates when required to the Finance and Executive Leadership Teams on ongoing financial system support matters and status of system-related projects.
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Degree in a related discipline
- A minimum of 8 years' directly related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
Valid BC Driver's Licence
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Broad exposure to complex fund accounting and considerable experience working with complex financial systems (experience with an ERP system such as SAP would be an asset).
- Good working knowledge of financial accounting and reporting requirements as per the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB), knowledge and experience related to legislation such as the Local Government Act, and the Community Charter is required.
- Advanced level of knowledge around project management theory, principles, professional practices and their application to system implementation within a financial services environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project methodologies such as PMBOK or equivalent.
- Knowledge of agile and traditional project management tools (i.e. MS Project, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Proven ability to develop and implement business process improvements and incorporate best practices that drive sound decisions and ensure fiscal accountability.
- Embraces change and develops implementation plans to effectively communicate, build commitment and overcome resistance, including the ability to deliver presentations to various audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies leadership excellence through the display of optimism, building trust and mobilizes others to understand the corporate vision.
- Leads the way by displaying innovative thinking and creativity, meeting challenges with resourcefulness and optimism and generates an environment of continual process improvement understanding our contextual environment.
- Must be a team oriented leader with high level of integrity and business ethics and has proven themselves as a hands-on and results driven individual.
- Works collaboratively to establish and maintain working relationships with staff and all levels of management and the Board/Committees/Commissions.
- Ability to motivate and maximize contributions of the team to meet changing business needs.
- Ability to work and communicate with the public, staff, and management tactfully, courteously and effectively.
- Demonstrated management experience in a client-focused environment, ideally a unionized environment.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, problem solving abilities and time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Office programs, SharePoint and other relevant software.
Closing Date: Review of applications will begin on December 3, 2023, but the position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please go to www.crd.bc.ca and click on "careers" to submit your resume and covering letter online.
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply and may consider a combination of experience, education and/or training where possible.
The Capital Regional District wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Manager, Financial Systems
5 years or more
$119,699.00 to $140,822.00 Year
November 17, 2023, 11:04 am
December 4, 2023, 12:00 am