Director of Finance
Ucluelet is home to some of the most pristine coastlines Canada has to offer! Mountain and ocean views visible from almost every corner of the peninsula. Ucluelet is a thriving small town, rich with local indigenous history, a bustling tourist economy, wonderful local businesses, and is surrounded by natural beauty. Take a walk on the Wild Pacific Trail, surf the beach breaks in the Pacific Rim National Park, kayak around the Broken Group islands, or view astonishing old growth trees in the rainforest.
Enjoy a true work- life balance by experiencing your vacation everyday.
Reporting to and working with the Chief Administrative Officer the Director of Finance plays a critical role in providing oversight, developing and implementing the financial strategy for the District of Ucluelet. The Director is responsible for the financial planning, statutory duties, compliance reporting and administration of the financial officer under the Community Charter with duties including, but not limited to, preparation of the financial plan, annual financial statements and annual municipal report. The Director is responsible for providing financial advice to the CAO, Council and Staff on decisions and integrating financial best practices, risk management, asset management and innovative approaches to long term planning and sustainable service delivery.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will be an advisor to the department heads, evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and procurement. You will demonstrate leadership in asset management, budgeting, financial reporting, and financial analysis.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA);
- University degree in Business, Public Administration, Commerce, or a related field;
- 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public-sector environment, preferably in a municipal setting;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide criminal record clearance as a condition of employment.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- A competitive wage range of $120,000 - $127,000 depending on your skills and qualifications;
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- Enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan;
- A flexible work schedule, including provisions for flex days, flex week and lieu time.
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses;
- Provisions for ongoing professional development; and
- Rental housing available.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
For complete details on the job responsibilities and benefits, contact the Consultant below for a copy of the Supplementary Information Package. When you’re ready to start work in your new office in Ucluelet BC, send your resume and cover letter to:
Flo Pugh, Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment
Director of Finance
5 years or more
$120,000.00 to $127,000.00 Year
Executive / Administrative Management
November 16, 2023, 1:08 pm
December 15, 2023, 5:00 pm