Rocky View County
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Min Hiring Rate: $86,843
Location: Rocky View County, Alberta
Rocky View County is committed to providing our employees a respectful and stable work environment, benefits that promote work/life balance, and opportunities for professional learning and personal growth. We seek individuals who thrive on challenge and will contribute their positive energy, innovation, and service mindset to making a difference and contributing meaningfully to the vibrant community of 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Budget and Reporting and overseen by the Manager, Financial Services, the Financial Analyst is responsible for posting financial information to the General Ledger and providing financial information and reports to both internal and external customers. In addition, the Financial Analyst is responsible for financial management and reporting, current budget, financial operating and capital plans, year-end working papers and special projects.
- Set up year-end working files and prepare audit file working papers. Ensure all schedules balance; investigate account inquiries and make adjustments / corrections.
- Assist with the preparation of the financial statements and schedules as required by external auditors.
- Key roles with year-end audit.
- Assist with the preparation of the Financial Information Return (FIR)
- Assist with annual financial plan and budget preparation.
- Post daily transactions to Diamond/Dynamics or GL to include but not limited to: daily cash receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank deposits.
- Prepare and post project cost entries and general journal entries.
- Respond to government surveys.
- Cross train, support and back up other Financial Analysts positions.
- Prioritize daily tasks, assignments and projects to ensure deadlines and assignments are met.
- Protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of the County.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Specific Assignment Duties:
- Chart of accounts GL setup & maintenance
- Co-ordinate the financial month-end task list
- Quarterly financial package
- Variance reports & analysis
- Interdepartmental entries
- Year-end workshops
- Year-end schedules
- Year-end financial statements & notes
- Financial Information Return
- Audit preparation
- Budget support
Completion of degree in a related field along with a minimum 3 years of progressively responsible and diversified experience and:
- Well-developed communication and interpretation skills.
- Possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Enhanced analytical, problem solving, organization and planning skills.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (formerly CA, CMA, or CGA) would be considered a definite asset.
- Experience with Diamond/Dynamics and/or Questica software is an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of basic computer functions as well as basic keyboarding skills.
- Must be bondable, a criminal record check is required on an annual basis.
Posting closes December 3, 2023
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
3 years to less than 5 years
November 16, 2023, 9:59 am
December 3, 2023, 10:00 pm