City of Maple Ridge
Crime Prevention Unit Coordinator – RCMP
Competition # 23-224
Status: Regular Full Time - CUPE
Department: Police Services
Salary: $30.19 - $35.50 per hour
Closing: December 3, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This role involves engaging in clerical tasks of moderate complexity to facilitate the effective provision of office support and volunteer coordination services for the Community Policing Unit of the RCMP in the City of Maple Ridge. The incumbent in this position plays a pivotal role in recruiting and inspiring volunteers, coordinating and executing diverse crime prevention programs with the assistance of volunteers, and overseeing both operational and administrative aspects of related programs. While adhering to established guidelines, the individual exercises considerable independent judgment and initiative in most facets of the role. Any particularly intricate problems and policy matters are appropriately referred to a superior. Regular reviews of work performance are conducted to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of office support and volunteer coordination services. This position offers an opportunity to contribute significantly to community safety through proactive engagement and coordination efforts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Considerable knowledge of the functions, regulations, rules and procedures related to the work.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including record-keeping, and computer applications related to the work.
- Sound knowledge of the methods and practices used in motivating, directing and assessing volunteers.
- Working knowledge of the needs of various related community groups, businesses, organizations and individuals.
- Ability to organize and implement a variety of community based crime prevention activities utilizing volunteers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts, promote program activities, and explain program rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement office methods and procedures and to prepare and maintain a variety of correspondence, records, reports and other materials related to the work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Completion of the 12th school grade including or supplemented by courses in commercial subjects and volunteer coordination, plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
- Class 5 driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP security clearance.
HOURS OF WORK
- Flexible hours, including evenings and weekends will be required from time to time to support community events.
- Hours of work are governed by Schedule “B” (M) - based on article 12.01 which may, at the discretion of the Commanding officer of the R.C.M.P. or his/her duly appointed representative, work any seven (7) hour between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 midnight, Monday to Sunday, inclusive, with shift differential as per Article 13.10. When shifts are changed, or positions hired, employees in the positions will be given shift preference on the basis of seniority.
We are actively seeking an individual with a strong background in volunteer management, excellent communication skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire others. Moreover, the ideal candidate should feel at ease in developing and delivering compelling presentations tailored to diverse stakeholder groups within the community.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Crime Prevention Unit Coordinator – RCMP
Experience an asset
$30.19 to $35.50 Hour
No degree, certificate or diploma
Community & Public Safety
November 16, 2023, 9:46 am
December 3, 2023, 4:30 pm