City of Port Alberni
Aquatic Team Leader
The City of Port Alberni is a vibrant community of over 18,000 people. Located centrally on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is a well-serviced municipality that offers residents affordable west coast living, as well as proximity to oceanfront, lakes, rivers and mountains.
The City is currently looking for a full-time Aquatic Team Leader to join our team at the Aquatic Centre. The successful candidate will perform and supervise lifeguarding, swim instruction, fitness instruction and advanced leadership course instruction duties, while ensuring the safety and enjoyment of aquatic centre guests. The Aquatic Team Leader is a mentor, coach and leader on and off the pool deck, and also supports the Aquatic Programmer in the delivery of our programs and services. This position responds to emergencies and incidents as required.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable and responsible, and will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Current Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard – Pool Option certification
- Current Lifesaving Society Airway Management and Oxygen Administration (AMOA) certification
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C/AED certifications
- Current Lifesaving Society Learn to Swim Instructor certification
- Current Lifesaving Instructor (LSI) certification
- A minimum of one of the following additional advanced leadership instructor certifications:
- National Lifeguard Instructor (NLI)
- Lifesaving Society Learn to Swim Instructor Trainer
- Lifesaving or Red Cross First Aid Instructor (FAI)
- Previous lifeguarding and swim instruction experience
- Previous supervisory experience and/or training
Note: The work schedule for this position is 37.5 hours per week and includes days, evenings and weekends.
The current rate of pay for this position is $32.79 per hour, and includes a full benefits package.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully complete a police information check and a pre-employment fitness evaluation.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter, along with copies of the required qualifications.
Attention: Human Resources
By mail: City of Port Alberni, 4850 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V8
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Aquatic Team Leader
Experience an asset
Other trades certificate or diploma
Parks & Recreation
September 27, 2023, 11:37 am
December 31, 2023, 4:30 pm