City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers— forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
In support of the Procurement Services Section within the City’s Finance Department this position is responsible for performing full cycle purchasing work of moderate complexity. Work is performed under minimal supervision and independent judgment is exercised as required in accordance with City’s policies and procedures. May occasionally be assigned major or long-term purchasing projects under guidance of the Manager, Procurement Services
Union - CUPE Local 402 – 1 Year Term
- In conjunction with client Departments, assists in the preparation of moderately complex specifications/requirements and related documents; assists in the preparation of criteria.
- Prepares and solicits tenders, proposals, and quotations, change orders and other project related administrative documents on behalf of client departments.
- Prepares evaluation worksheets for distribution and facilitates the evaluation process.
- Independently, or in conjunction with client departments, performs reference checks, interviews suppliers, negotiates satisfactory price discounts, terms, delivery methods and dates and related items.
- Process purchase requisitions and issues purchase orders. Maintains purchase orders and contracts to reflect changes to requirements.
- Drafting of contracts/agreements, contract/agreement renewals, change orders, amendments and extensions for presentation to internal clients and contractors, including other contract or project related administrative documents.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks: including preparation of related business correspondence and reports, maintain project status updates, and compiling documents for distribution.
- Maintaining a variety of stakeholder relationships, be customer-service focused and adaptable with a proven track record for problem solving. In addition, proven communication skills, both written and verbal, thorough knowledge of purchasing principles, practices and methods, contract law, risk management and business procedures are required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completion of grade 12 supplemented by completion of Year 2 of the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) program from the Supply Chain Canada, or an equivalent combination of training and related experience in purchasing.
- Considerable knowledge of the policies and procedures governing municipal purchasing.
- Valid BC Driver’s license with safe driving record.
In addition, our preferred candidate will have:
- Sound experience sourcing and purchasing a variety of goods and services of the type typically used in a municipal setting or a suitable combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of contract law, negotiation, and corporate insurance.
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in a time sensitive manner.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to 5492.
Closing Date: December 20, 2023
Buyer 2 (Term)
Experience an asset
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
September 20, 2023, 1:55 pm
December 20, 2023, 4:30 pm