SENIOR MANAGER, PARKS
(Permanent, Full Time)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation, and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities, and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive, and livable community.
The West Vancouver Parks Department is currently seeking a permanent full-time Senior Manager of Parks to join our highly qualified team. This position will lead and manage a group of dedicated professionals in formulating, implementing, and evaluating park programs, services, and operations for the Parks Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering park policy and programs while ensuring that resources obtained are used efficiently and effectively in accordance with objectives.
- Developing and delivering park management processes and practices
- Developing short and long term plans for the department and makes recommendations on park acquisition, development, cemetery operations, golf course operations and any changes in park maintenance and design systems.
- Preparing, managing, and overseeing the department’s operating and capital budgets
- Representing the department in development permits and other integrated land-use planning initiatives
- Ensuring optimum staffing through selection, training, development, and motivation
- Representing the department in diverse and complex employee and labour relations matters
- Providing management direction to employees by planning, assigning and supervising work
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with special interest groups, the public, internal contacts, Council, and committees of Council
- Maintaining a constant awareness of new trends and development in the parks and environment sector
- Ensuring that community participation is encouraged in the planning and provision of park services.
- Participating in other duties and special projects as assigned
The preferred candidate will possess: a Degree in Parks/Recreation, Landscape Architecture, Resource Management, or related field; knowledge of best practices in leadership, management, technology, and parks administration; related municipal or parks management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate is required to supply a Police Information Check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. on October 6, 2023
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted
Senior Manager, Parks
Experience an asset
Parks & Recreation
September 18, 2023, 12:24 pm
October 6, 2023, 11:59 pm