City of Maple Ridge
Status: Regular Full Time - CUPE
Department: Legislative Services
Salary: $28.98 - $34.13 per hour
Closing: October 2, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a highly organized, motivated, and customer service-oriented Committee Clerk to join our fast-paced dynamic Legislative Services Team. The Committee Clerk provides administrative support for committees of Council, including working closely with staff liaisons, Council members, and volunteer committee chairs in setting agendas, managing attendance, and providing advice on meeting procedures. The ideal candidate will have experience with taking, transcribing, editing, and distributing minutes. The Committee Clerk will be skilled in preparing and editing a variety of documents, producing, and posting committee meetings and agendas, filing and performing other office duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Completion of grade 12 supplemented courses in typing, word processing, shorthand or speedwriting, and commercial courses plus considerable related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions and objectives of the various committees served and of the rules governing procedures in such meetings.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and of the policies, procedures and regulations applicable to the work (e.g. Roberts Rules of Order, municipal procedure bylaws, etc.).
- Ability to coordinate meeting arrangements, prepare agendas and supporting material, follow up on action items as required, and carry out committee member recruitment processes.
- Ability to take, edit, transcribe and distribute minutes which involve interpretation of the collective sense of meetings and the framing of motions often from general dialogue.
- Ability to prepare, process and review a variety of correspondence, documents and reports related to the work.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to provide vacation relief for the Legislative Services department.
- Skills in the operation of standard office software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, SharePoint, etc.).
- A high degree of speed and accuracy in keyboarding skills is required.
- Experience with optimizing business processes is an asset.
- Experience editing, formatting and posting content to websites is an asset.
- Experience with database software, business intelligence tools, and Excel are an asset.
HOURS OF WORK:
The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, is required. Some split shifts may be required.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Experience an asset
$28.98 to $34.13 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
September 18, 2023, 8:33 am
October 2, 2023, 4:30 pm