Property Manager – Maintenance & Facility Services
Reporting to the Manager Housing, Facilities & Maintenance, The Property Manager is responsible for providing a wide range of property management services, which maintain or enhance the Corporation’s residential properties. This position is primarily involved in supervision of caretakers, tenant support services such as move in and move out activities, coordinating suite/project maintenance work, capital planning and overseeing contracted services on site, in conjunction with other Property Manager 3 (Maintenance & Facilities Services). This position regularly communicates, collaborates and coordinates with other CRHC staff to ensure a strong team culture that supports CHRC goals and objectives.
This position requires a clear criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
People working in this role can expect to be responsible for performing the following duties. This list is not meant to be comprehensive and other related duties similar in scope and complexity may be performed.
- Provides supervision of caretakers including recruitment, orientation time approval, coverage and the provision of leadership, guidance, feedback and work direction. Scheduling leaves and stand-by coverage.
- Supports caretakers in resolving maintenance and related tenant issues; drawing on assistance from PM-Tenant & Community Services, if required.
- Responds to inquiries and concerns from Contractors. Oversees development of scope of work for contractors on-site, including work direction, inspection & resolution of deficiencies. This includes but is not limited to insurance repairs, contracted services, such as: landscapers, elevator maintenance personnel, building envelope required warranty maintenance, snow removal and pest control.
- Supervises and coordinates unit maintenance on tenant turnover and awards and assigns work relating to unit turnover.
- Coordinates annual unit inspections, reviews summary sheets prepared by caretaker staff and provides direction to caretakers and follows up on outstanding issues.
- Processes capital requests/requirements, amends capital plan; and authorizes required expenditures. Logs, prioritizes and responds to tenant requests for unit modifications.
- Conducts site inspections; checking for WHMIS and WorkSafe compliance, tidiness & general condition of buildings, roadways, equipment, landscaping and vandalism, etc.
- Prepares comprehensive maintenance status reports for all facilities.
- Identifies complex maintenance issues for Manager of Operations’ attention and direction.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget and capital plan.
- Oversees the handling of abandoned property including appraisal and property storage/disposal in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Coordinates resolution of tenant complaints within prescribed tenancy agreements and as set out in the Residential Tenancy Act; drawing on assistance from PM-Tenant & Community Services, if required.
- Represents the Corporation at Residential Tenancy Branch arbitration hearings; Communicating and applying information on the Residential Tenancy Act and corporate policy to tenants and clients.
- Recommends policies and procedures that will enhance property management operations.
- Ensures all required manuals, plans, policy manuals, etc. are accounted for and up-to-date; on site and at the CRHC main office.
- Ensures caretakers have appropriate equipment/supplies to complete their work. Provides hands-on training and assistance as required including ensuring WHMIS training is up to date and WorkSafe regulations are followed.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD and CRHC.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Diploma in Property Management or related field such as building maintenance or construction plus five (5) years’ experience in a property management environment (e.g. in social housing) including direct experience working in and with construction trades/maintenance and in conducting building and project inspection or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful at the CRD, candidates should have a shared understanding of our Cultural Traits and Statement of Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Additionally, ideal candidates would possess the following role-specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and rules and regulations, policies and procedures related to social housing management.
- Sound knowledge of facility management and building maintenance practices
- Demonstrated work experience in providing supervision and work direction to maintenance staff/caretakers and contractors.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practices of residential property management services in particular relating to affordable housing delivery.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve work related conflicts and problems immediately on site.
- Demonstrated ability to direct complex tasks of contractors/subtrades/caretakers.
- Knowledge of and experience with word processing, spreadsheet, database software and property management programs.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, labour legislation, collective agreement language, WorkSafe BC practices/protocols and OH&S Regulations.
- Sound judgment and initiative to resolve problems in a unique and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to prepare and write reports and letters.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to organize the workload and maintain flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and, at times, in a difficult and challenging public environment.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit www.crd.bc.ca and submit your application on our careers page.
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply and may consider a combination of experience, education and/or training where possible.
Property Manager – Maintenance & Facility Services
5 years or more
$39.18 to $44.43 Hour
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
September 18, 2023, 8:36 am
October 2, 2023, 4:00 pm