City of Maple Ridge
Engineering Technologist - Projects
Competition # 23-177
Status: Regular Full Time - CUPE
Salary: $41.80 – 49.39 per hour
Closing: October 2nd, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
The City of Maple Ridge’s Engineering Department is actively seeking a proficient professional to enhance our Utility Planning team.
The Engineering Technologist – Projects will play a crucial role in supporting the Utility Planning section within the Engineering Department. This position entails overseeing designated projects associated with the construction and installation of municipal utilities, reviewing designs and plans for municipal services, conducting thorough site inspections, establishing and maintaining effective communication with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, and diligently preparing and managing a spectrum of records, reports, correspondence, contracts, and project-related documents. Project priorities are determined by a superior, allowing the incumbent considerable latitude for independent judgment and action in both technical and administrative aspects. This involves addressing complex technical challenges and engaging in discussions on policy and financial matters with a superior. Performance evaluation includes a comprehensive review by a superior, focusing on technical adequacy and adherence to sound engineering principles and best practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Civil and Structural Technology, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus considerable related experience preferably in a municipal setting; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of municipal design and engineering standards relative to all aspects of land servicing and of the rules, regulations, by laws and policies pertaining thereto.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in construction and installation of municipal utilities.
- Considerable knowledge of engineering mathematics, and of municipal engineering plans, specifications, contract documents and data related to the work.
- Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures as related to engineering programs and operations.
- Ability to administer specific projects related to the construction and installation of municipal utilities.
- Ability to act as a liaison and coordinator for design and construction projects.
- Ability to review, analyze, assess and interpret plans, specifications, contracts and other material related to the work.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts and to direct the work of assigned staff on projects as required.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports, records, correspondence and various other material related to the work.
- Skill in the use of manual and computer assisted drafting tools and equipment.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
- Eligibility for membership with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of B.C.
- Class 5 driver's Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
HOURS OF WORK
70 Hours biweekly
- Utility modelling experience
- Project Management Professional Certification
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Engineering Technologist - Projects
Experience an asset
$41.80 to $49.39 Hour
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
September 15, 2023, 4:25 pm
October 2, 2023, 4:30 pm