Town of Comox
Comox Community Centre
The Town of Comox invites applications for the permanent Recreation Programmer position at the Comox Community Centre. This is a regular, full-time (35 hours per week) union position (CUPE Local 556) with a current rate of pay of $34.08 per hour plus benefits, and includes a three month probationary period. The successful applicant will be required to work some weekend, evening and/or statutory holiday shifts.
Reporting to the Recreation Supervisor, the successful candidate is responsible for planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating a variety of programs. The Recreation Programmer’s work includes promoting interest and participation in recreation programs, directing the work of instructors and volunteers, as well as organizing and executing community special events.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Planning, scheduling, coordinating, implementing, supervising and evaluating a variety of programs and special events;
- Assisting in promotion and marketing of programs;
- Liaising with community organizations and working in partnership to provide recreation services;
- Assisting in developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term plans for recreation services; and
- Supporting and promoting exceptional customer service.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of post-secondary degree in recreation or related discipline from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience or a combination of education, training and experience;
- Experience with recreation management software preferred;
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques;
- Staff supervisory experience;
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, public relations, negotiation, problem solving, decision making, leadership and general management skills;
- Valid First Aid certification (OFA Level 1 with CPR and AED, or greater);
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license; and
- Current clean criminal record check.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received until 4:00 pm Friday, October 6th, 2023.
We wish to thank all applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dated: September 15, 2023
1809 Beaufort Avenue Comox, B.C. V9M 1R9
We respectfully acknowledge that we gather and work on the traditional territory of the K'ómoks First Nation, the traditional keepers of this land.
3 years to less than 5 years
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Parks & Recreation
September 15, 2023, 4:16 pm
October 6, 2023, 4:30 pm