The “Natural Place to live, work, play and invest”, the City of Pitt Meadows is a picturesque community of just over 18,000 residents, boasting a small town atmosphere with all the urban amenities, beautiful outdoor environment and a great quality of life, located just one hour east of downtown Vancouver.
Join Our Team as a Paid-On-Call Firefighter!
Are You Ready to Make a Difference?
About Us: At the Pitt Meadows Fire and Rescue Service, we are dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of our community. We are a close-knit team of Career and Paid-on-Call firefighters committed to serving our neighbours in times of need. Now, we’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our ranks as Paid-On-Call Firefighters and become an essential part of our community’s safety network.
Job Description: As a Paid-On-Call Firefighter, you will be on the front lines, responding to emergencies, and providing critical support to our community. This is a paid position that offers flexible scheduling to fit around your existing commitments. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to fire incidents, medical emergencies, and other incidents
- Assisting in fire prevention and safety education programs
- Participating in ongoing training and drills
- Maintaining equipment and facilities
- Participate in Community events
Requirements: We welcome candidates from all walks of life and no prior firefighting experience is necessary. However, to be successful in this role you should possess the following qualifications:
- Resident of Pitt Meadows upon completion of recruit training
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- High school graduation
- Normal hearing without aids
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence (Driver’s Abstract must be provided)
- No criminal or summary convictions related to the duties as a firefighter
- Good physical and mental health
Benefits and Conditions:
- Very progressive hourly wage scale
- Additional life insurance coverage
- 24/7 injury/illness benefit package
- Employee Family Assistance Program
Hours of Work: On-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week when not working or outside of the community. Training is held every Tuesday night from 1900-2200 hrs. Additional sessions are irregularly scheduled at other times throughout the year, often on weekends.
Why Join Us?
- Community Impact: as a Paid-On-Call Firefighter, you’ll be directly contributing to the safety and well-being of your neighbours and friends
- Training: We provide comprehensive training to equip you with the skills needed to excel in your role
- Flexible Schedule: This position offers a flexible schedule, allowing you to maintain your existing commitments while serving your community
- Compensation: You will be compensated for your time and dedication to the community
- Camraderie: Join a tight-knit team of dedicated individuals who all want to make a difference
Start of Training: January 2024
How to Apply: If you’re ready to take on a rewarding role that allows you to make a real difference in your community, we encourage you to apply. To submit your application, please apply on-line with your resume and brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested in becoming a Paid-On-Call Firefighter at the City of Pitt Meadows.
Join our team in serving our great community!
Remote work unavailable
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Fire / Rescue / First Aid Services
September 15, 2023, 10:05 am
October 31, 2023, 4:30 pm