Job order - J0923-0863 - Auxiliary
Title Librarian (Auxiliary)
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Job Description Librarian (Auxiliary)
The Port Moody Public Library is seeking a creative and energetic Auxiliary Librarian with a passion for customer service. Reporting to the Digital & Information Services Coordinator, the position provides reader’s advisory, reference and tech help services for all ages.
Duties and responsibilities may include: working at the library’s information (reference) desk; providing one on one instruction; assisting with programs; collection merchandizing, maintenance and development; and special project work. Applicants with interest or expertise in providing youth services may also undertake children’s programs such as Storytime and class visits.
Auxiliary librarians work on an on-call and as-needed basis. The position may be offered shifts from Monday to Sunday, including evenings and holidays. Applicants who only have limited availability may not be considered.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science (MLIS/MLS) from an ALA accredited program plus two years of job related experience, including experience working in a public library setting
- Knowledge of adult and children’s literature and reference resources.
- Knowledge of library information technology as it applies to public libraries in general,
- Ability to instruct/assist the public with using a variety of computer applications and devices (e.g. computers, laptops, tablets), and with accessing library resources such as eBooks.
- Ability to provide training in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to plan and present library programs for various age groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to deal with challenging patrons.
- Ability to manage projects and to handle multiple and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to work collaboratively with others to improve services in a dynamic, collegial team environment.
- Experience or interest in children’s programming, including Babytime and Storytime
Please note that employment with the Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records search. Due to criminal records search requirements, applicants must be over 16 years of age.
Click here to apply
Experience an asset
$36.94 to $39.74 Hour
September 14, 2023, 5:03 pm
October 15, 2023, 4:30 pm