Town of Comox
The Town of Comox invites applications for the regular, full-time (35 hours per week) Planner I position at the Town Hall. This is a union position (CUPE Local 556) with a current rate of pay of $42.25 per hour plus benefits and includes a three-month probationary period.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development Services, the Planner I undertakes a variety of complex planning activities as well as duties of a technical and standardized nature. The Planner I is required to apply professional planning expertise in the investigation and analysis of matters in relation to planning applications and studies. The work entails research, data collection, analysis, and presentation of findings, for the review of professional superiors and elected officials. In addition to Town planning policies and regulations, the incumbent is required to address applicable interdepartmental and legal requirements and perform related work as required, including the drafting of permits, bylaws, covenants and statutory rights of way, utilizing standardized templates.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- University Master’s Degree in Land Use Planning or University Bachelor’s Degree in Land Use Planning and related University Master’s Degree;
- Two to five years municipal planning experience (applicants with less than two years experience may be considered in relation to a Planning Technician position);
- Membership or eligible for membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia;
- Ability to effectively apply the philosophies, principles and practices of municipal planning including design to complex issues;
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant provincial legislation and municipal bylaws and policies;
- Ability to efficiently perform complex technical and professional research and analysis;
- Ability to accurately read maps, legal surveys and development plans, including site plans, landscape plans and building elevation drawings;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and applicants and to communicate tactfully and effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team; and,
- Current clean Criminal Record Check.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. Applications will be received until 4:30 pm Thursday, October 5th, 2023.
We wish to thank all applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1809 Beaufort Avenue
Comox, B.C. V9M 1R9
We respectfully acknowledge that we gather and work on the traditional territory of the K'ómoks First Nation, the traditional keepers of this land.
2 years to less than 3 years
Planning & Development
September 14, 2023, 1:17 pm
October 5, 2023, 4:00 pm