Senior Advisor, Treasure Services
This posting is for 1 permanent full-time position
The Senior Advisor, Treasury Services provides in-depth financial analysis, reporting, and internal control expertise to contribute to the cash management services for Strathcona County. This position leads and coordinates the implementation, maintenance, and review of treasury models, structures, and processes to ensure internal and external financial requirements are met. In addition, this position partners with senior financial staff to coordinate and oversee the provision of critical financial analyses to inform the County’s decision makers about the management of its cash forecasting, financial securities, investment and banking operations.
- Provide professional financial accounting, reporting, and complex analysis to assist the Manager, Treasury Services in the planning and delivery of comprehensive treasury cash management services for Strathcona County
- Provide oversight and direction regarding the investments and cash flows ensuring appropriate internal controls and accounting treatment
- Establish and review accounting processes to ensure compliance with policy, standards, and agreements for treasury functions
- Review and update accounting processes, ensuring segregation of duties and strive for continuous improvements with treasury services
- Provide strategic financial accounting expertise to facilitate management of Treasury cash management activity, including investments, cash forecasting, cash handling and banking, financial securities and liabilities decisions
- Promote excellent customer service and provide sound advice, direction, and assistance to departments
- Provide leadership to the Treasury cash management staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounting, efficiency of resources, and high level of customer service
- This position supervises two direct reports who are responsible for treasury accounting, reporting, leadership and support to departments in the areas of cash management, banking services, investments and financial securities
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills to provide accurate, clear, and concise recommendations and supporting analysis in written and oral presentations to Council, Executive Team, Directors, and senior department representatives
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a solution-oriented focus and the ability to develop productive relationships with all levels in the organization and to lead teams and cross-department workgroups to achieve department and corporate goals
- Strategic and critical thinking skills to analyze information, consider risks and recommend a course of action consistent with business and strategic plans.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a variety of projects and initiatives simultaneously and regularly meet tight deadlines
- Sound knowledge of relevant municipal and provincial legislation and public sector/government practices, including ability to develop, administer and implement policies in accordance with legislation
- Sound understanding of software, computers, and financial information within integrated ERP systems
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is required
- A related degree along with 7 years of related experience in a professional position, or a related diploma with 9 years related experience
- Minimum 5 years treasury experience required preferably in a municipal or government setting
Conditions of Employment
Submission of a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of education and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
In addition to providing a dynamic work environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This posting will remain open until filled.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Senior Advisor, Treasure Services
5 years or more
September 13, 2023, 2:55 pm
October 13, 2023, 4:30 pm