Posting Date: September 12, 2023
About 4 Evergreen: 4 Evergreen Resources is the flagship company for the Saulteau First Nations for natural resource development opportunities. We are a civil construction company located near Chetwynd, BC.
Job Summary: Recent growth has created the need for an Accounting Technician to join our accounting team. The Accounting Technician will work with our Financial Controller to ensure we have accurate and timely corporate financial statements, project statements and related reports. In addition, the Accounting Technician will support the needs of the payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and audit functions as required. We need an experienced professional with strong analytical skills and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting and analysis for all areas of our business.
Reports to: Financial Controller
Direct Reports: None
- Assist the Controller by overseeing accounting, billing, collections, payroll and financial reporting functions
- Review AP/AR entries and ensure all invoices/sales are properly coded in the accounting system and paid/received in a timely manner
- Conducts monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Filing GST/PST and WorkSafe BC
- Review monthly bank, credit card and employee benefits reconciliation
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets and lease schedules
- Assist the Controller in Y/E adjusting entries and accruals and year-end Audit
- Cover accounting positions, including payroll, during the staff absence/holidays
- Supports budgeting, reporting, and operational performance tracking for the company and individual projects
- Reconcile and analyze projects and related information
- Ensure project costs are accurately captured in the projects and invoiced to the clients
- Strong reporting and analysis experience, including identifying potential issues and conducting data analysis.
- Supports cost analysis and efficiency by ensuring policies and procedures are followed
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA (Canada) certification will be preferred, however equivalent experience will be considered.
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years experience at an intermediate level in an accounting or finance department
- Experience in full cycle accounting and the month-end/year-end close process
- Strong understanding of financial statements, budgeting, and cash flow reporting
- Working knowledge of IFRS is an asset
- Sound financial modelling experience
- Experience with project accounting will be an asset
- Hands-on experience with Sage 50 & 300
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with IT system implementation is desirable
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines
- Honesty and integrity
Core Values - Every employee is expected to demonstrate commitment to 4 Evergreen’s core values:
- Safety: We acknowledge that we are in a learning environment and ensure the highest standards are maintained to protect our workforce.
- Community minded: We are present and proactive in community, honouring our role on behalf of the Nation and as representatives of 4 Evergreen Resources LP.
- Integrity: We demonstrate humility and good character in our words and actions; doing what we say and practicing fairness and honesty in our interactions.
- Respect: We honour the land and where we operate, recognizing our connectedness and inherent Rights while embracing diversity and equality
- Transparency: We are open and accountable, communicating information in a way that is understood by all in media and open forums.
- Trust: We act in the best interest of community, working cohesively as a team.
- Excellence: We strive to be a role model for good governance, exceeding standards in our daily operations and service delivery options.
- $79,040.00 - $87,360.00 per year
- 4 Evergreen offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and pension matching.
- Relocation fee will be covered.
- 1 paid personal day per month
- 1-week paid office closure during Christmas
Application Deadline: Open until filled
How to Apply: send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
3 years to less than 5 years
$79,040.00 to $87,360.00 Year
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
September 13, 2023, 8:53 am
October 13, 2023, 4:30 pm