Hope & Area Recreation Centre (Full-Time)
September 12, 2023
Situated in the heart of Hope, the Hope & Area Recreation Centre stands as a vibrant community cornerstone. We take pride in offering a diverse array of recreational services and programs tailored to meet the needs of Hope residents and those residing in FVRD Electoral Areas A and B. From thrilling ice-skating to aquatic adventures and a wide-range of recreational programs, our center serves as a dynamic hub that enriches the lives of our community members.
We are currently seeking a Services Clerk to join our dedicated team. If you are passionate about working with people and providing exceptional customer service, this role offers the perfect fit for your skills and interests.
In the role of Services Clerk, you will play a pivotal part in ensuring top-tier customer service for users of our recreation facilities. Your responsibilities encompass a range of critical duties, including the coordination and scheduling of facility bookings and the development of vibrant community recreation and cultural programs. This position calls for independent work, sound judgment, effective task prioritization, and courteous, professional interactions with customers. You will also demonstrate a high degree of integrity and discretion in managing sensitive information. Effective communication, both oral and written, is paramount. Additionally, you will contribute to administrative functions, oversee the Active-Net system, and manage cashier and POS duties, including month-end accounts receivable and reconciliation. Leadership, team-building, and strong supervisory skills are also vital as you cultivate an efficient team.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A Diploma in Business Administration, Local Government, or Event Planning and Management plus a minimum of three (3) years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, inclusive of a minimum of one year supervisory experience preferably in a local government or public sector environment;
- Experience working in an office environment and handling cash. Preferred experience working in a customer service position;
- Experience organizing tournaments and programming in small communities preferred;
- Program and event administration experience in a recreation/leisure/fitness environment;
- The Ability to supervise and motivate staff and volunteers;
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to quickly acquire the ability to proficiently utilize the POS database and other software applications as required;
- Good written communication skills which include the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write clearly and concisely. Good interpersonal and public relations skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the organization;
- A clean Criminal Records Check; and
- A valid Driver's Licence.
The starting rate for this full-time Union position is $30.22 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package.
If you have a passion for public service and want to make a difference in the lives of Fraser Valley residents, we want to hear from you. Submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2023-40 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 pm on October 5, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
3 years to less than 5 years
Other trades certificate or diploma
Parks & Recreation
September 12, 2023, 3:19 pm
October 5, 2023, 4:30 pm