City of Courtenay
Asset Management Technologist
The City of Courtenay is situated on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, within the traditional lands of the K'ómoks First Nation. Accessible by land, sea or air, Courtenay is a culturally diverse community that offers supernatural beauty at its doorstep. The City (approximate population 28,000) is the urban and cultural hub of the larger community, the Comox Valley (approximate population 72,000).
The City is governed by a Mayor and six Councillors. The City Manager (CAO) is responsible to Council for managing all City operations. The Recreation, Culture and Community Services Department is one of seven departments reporting to the CAO. Our organization's culture is demonstrated by our Corporate Mission and Core Values.
The Asset Management Technologist coordinates asset management condition assessments and monitors asset performance, makes recommendations for risk management options and operational changes to municipal infrastructure. Maintains and performs quality control of asset registries and other databases. Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness, and recommends programs for new and existing operations. Oversees projects and conducts field inspections. Keeps current with industry best practices and innovation, and provides recommendations on new initiatives. Coordinates referrals, and provides technical advice to other divisions of Public Works.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent combination of education, training and related work experience.
- Eligible for membership in Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC with the designation of AScT or other equivalent.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Criminal Record Check
- Considerable (3 - 5 years) in civil/municipal engineering field specifically related to the design, operation and maintenance of municipal infrastructure
- Sound experience in the use of GIS, AutoCAD and related software, and survey instruments
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, terminology, practices and techniques
- Considerable knowledge in infrastructure operation, maintenance and construction practices
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong office computer skills
- Ability to deal with contractors and engineers in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to interpret and apply City and other bylaws, policies, procedures, engineering design standards and specifications
- Ability to read blue prints, construction drawings and schematics
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently throughout the day; ability to frequently work in inclement weather
The current hourly wage rate is $39.54 based on a 40-hour work week. This is an 8-month temporary full-time position with a possible extension based on return of incumbent.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay be the most livable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – Asset Management Technologist”. Submit your application online at www.courtenay.ca/jobs.
Notice Posted: September 12, 2023
Asset Management Technologist
3 years to less than 5 years
Other trades certificate or diploma
September 12, 2023, 11:20 am
October 2, 2023, 11:00 pm