Area Manager Roads
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Coquitlam, Powell River, Sechelt
$73,855.42 - $84,134.34 annually
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies and administers many related acts and regulations and federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund.
As the Area Manager Roads for Sunshine Coast, you are responsible for identifying overall program priorities to ensure the preservation and improvement of the road infrastructure. Your priority is the safety and convenience of the travelling public. Together with the Operations Manager and the operations team, you will act as the local ministry representative for stakeholders and partners. In this role, you identify and resolve highway operations issues, administer the road and bridge maintenance contract, manage projects for district program delivery and respond to emergencies.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University or college degree in a related field of study and one (1) year of related experience; OR,
- Diploma from a recognized Institute of Technology, (e.g. Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC) in a related field of study and three (3) years’ related experience; OR,
- Secondary school graduation (or GED) and a minimum of five (5) years’ related experience.
- Road Area Manager Certificate of Completion required through BCIT (or another technical institution).
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in a transportation related field.
- Preference may be given to applicants who already have the Road Area Manager Certificate of Completion.
Related field of study means study in the field of civil engineering, structural engineering, construction technology, surveying, geology, geography, or project management.
Related experience must include experience at least 3 of the following areas:
- highway construction and/or maintenance;
- project management;
- contract management;
- traffic management;
- surveying or audit processes, procedures and practices.
For more information, a complete list of qualifications and to apply online by October 1, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/104004
Area Manager Roads
1 year to less than 2 years
$73,855.42 to $84,134.34 Year
September 11, 2023, 3:34 pm
October 1, 2023, 4:30 pm