Vancouver Police Department
Public Service Unit, Information Management Section
2120 Cambie Street, Vancouver
Approximately one year (Assignment may be extended or reduced for operational reasons or due to circumstances that could not be foreseen at the time of posting)
HOURS OF WORK:
10-hour shifts, four days on-four days off, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Pay Grade 15 - $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Responsible for providing customer service for all front counter services including access, security, processing found property, police information checks (PIC), minor crime report taking and fingerprinting services.
Responsible for providing customer service for all front counter services, including access, security, processing found property, police information checks (PIC), minor crime report- taking, and fingerprinting services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Provides general information and/or referrals to the public and outside agencies
- Manages customer inquiries and determines the type of police service required
- Receives, logs, and distributes courier and other property dropped off to counter
- Returns driver licences to owners who have received driving suspensions
- Monitors security of building; signs visitors in and out, and issues building tags/ ICT 2FA cards
- Takes minor crime reports including found and lost property
- Process, tags, and returns found property
- Rolls accurate ink and electronic fingerprints impressions
- Conducts queries through various police databases
- Provides various front counter services, including booking appointments, in-taking applications, and processing payments
- Ensures compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards
- Mentors and trains staff for triage role
- Participates in the annual mandatory high stress debrief program
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Working knowledge of JUSTIN, IntelliScreen
- Knowledge of the VPD organizational structure
- Working knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures that govern the activities of the unit
- Experience with operating cash register, debit/credit machine, and handling cash
- Previous customer service experience
- Minimum two years of administrative experience
- Minimum one year working in a police environment
- Grade 12 Preferred:
- Training or experience in a similar field or related to the tasks performed
- Valid BC Driver’s licence
- all employees must maintain their enhanced security clearance while employed with the Vancouver Police Department, which will be renewed every five years or as required
Short-listed candidates will be required to participate and successfully pass clerical testing in keyboarding skills, data entry, and Microsoft Word and Excel in order to move forward to the interview stage.
NOTE: This position falls under the jurisdiction of Teamsters Local 31.
Applicants should submit a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date. The competition number must be indicated in the subject line of the email.
THE VANCOUVER POLICE DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Experience an asset
$26.87 to $31.56 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
September 8, 2023, 8:39 am
October 31, 2023, 4:30 pm