City of Maple Ridge
Status: Auxiliary - CUPE
Department: Police Services
Salary: $28.98 - $34.13 per hour
Closing: October 29, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Exhibits Custodian is responsible for receiving, maintaining, recording, storing, and securing seized property and exhibits for the Ridge-Meadows RCMP detachment. The successful candidate will have strong administrative and organizational skills to ensure the exhibits and records are accurate and available for court purposes and disposition governed by Federal, Provincial and Municipal rules and regulations. The successful candidate will work closely with the Ridge-Meadows RCMP members to ensure the continuity of the exhibits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by typing courses plus sound related experience in an office or storekeeping environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of RCMP policies, methods and procedures used in receiving, checking, recording, safekeeping and controlling the movement of a variety of police exhibits and stolen, seized and found property
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Working knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures used in operating PRIME and CPIC computer terminals.
- Ability to manually lift, sort, arrange and store exhibit and property items of varying bulk and of considerable weight.
- Ability to perform clerical and custodial duties under minimum supervision.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy 50 words/minute.
- Ability to prepare, maintain and control files, records, ledgers and reports.
- Ability to give evidence in Court on matters related to the work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public and various other internal and external contacts in supplying information assistance.
- Ability to operate common office equipment, such as Microsoft Office Suite and PRIME and CPIC computer terminals.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
- Class 5 Driver’s License valid in the Province of British Columbia.
- Firearms Acquisitions Certification or other approved Firearms Safety Training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Security Clearance.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Experience an asset
$28.98 to $34.13 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
August 28, 2023, 1:36 pm
October 29, 2023, 4:30 pm