District of Kitimat
Project Manager- Facilities and Trades
Exempt Staff Position, Regular Full-Time
The District of Kitimat is recruiting for the position of Project Manager- Facilities and Trades. Reporting to the Director of Engineering (P.Eng), this position provides supervision to the building trades department and acts as a liaison between the trades, engineering, and facility managers, providing project management oversight and maintenance planning coordination.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, professional development opportunities, complimentary use of our recreation facilities, relocation assistance and a rental subsidy. The starting salary is $115,989.00.
Examples of key responsibilities include:
- Liaises with the trades department, engineering, and facility managers as it relates to capital projects, preventative maintenance, project management, and maintenance planning.
- Participates in the design and preparation of engineering standards.
- Performs complex and varied project management work that may involve project design and management for large projects.
- In coordination with the trades department, assesses job requirements, assigns job priorities according to established maintenance standards, and estimates resource requirements.
- In consultation with trades and engineering staff, develops preventative maintenance schedule for all District facilities.
- Reviews work order packages for completeness and accuracy, and initiates or schedules any further or incomplete work identified. Follows up with trades and supervisors to obtain requisite and or outstanding information.
- Assists in developing reports and information required to support annual maintenance budget submittals and capital projects.
- Coordinates the process for setting up new or revising existing equipment records and maintains the filing of completed work orders, equipment manuals, preventative maintenance routines, record drawings, and standard job procedures.
- Develop capital plans in conjunction with Engineering and facility managers for building or equipment upgrades.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support to staff in the trades department, provides direction on work-flow and priorities, and oversees the administration of the department.
- Maintain and update asset management data base.
Qualifications and experience include:
- Civil Engineer registered as a professional engineer (P.Eng) in BC, or eligible for registration with Engineering Geoscientists BC; or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, eligible for registration in ASTTBC; or a Project Management Professional with building trades education and experience.
- Certification in project management, contract management, construction management, asset management, or other related discipline is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of related work experience including project management, maintenance planning, and scheduling.
- Ability to interpret and apply engineering and technical guidelines and principles related to area of specialization such as technical manuals, codes and regulations, contracting policies, safety regulations and corporate policies.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
- Proven contract administration and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a complex series of project components for large complex projects.
- Ability to supervise, coach and guide others while enhancing individual and team effectiveness.
At the District of Kitimat, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve, establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you on arranging an accommodation where possible that is suitable for your abilities.
To apply for this position, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Kitimat, visit Kitimat Bound
Project Manager- Facilities and Trades
5 years or more
Project & Program Management
August 24, 2023, 2:22 pm
December 31, 2023, 4:30 pm