City of Nelson
The Nelson Police Department is currently hiring Casual Dispatchers. This is an opportunity to join one of the oldest departments in the Province.
Nature and Scope of Work
The Dispatch position provides service to:
- The members and staff of the Nelson Police Department
- The general public in dealing with inquiries and complaints in relation to matters that require police investigation
- The monitoring of prisoners held in the Nelson Police lockup facility
- The maintenance of both PRIME and CPIC systems located in the dispatch area (training provided)
- You have Canadian Citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada You have resided (been physically) in Canada for last 5 years.
- You have a Canadian high school diploma or or a satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma.
- You are proficient in English
Rate of Pay: $32.94/hour per the Nelson Police Collective Agreement
Hours/Days: Casual On-Call position covering both day and night shift, Sunday - Saturday.
If you have a strong desire to make a difference in your community, possess a high level of accountability and commitment, and have the ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure, the role of Dispatcher may be for you!
If you wish to be considered for this position at the Nelson Police Department, please submit your detailed resume and cover letter, in confidence, to the attention of the Chief Constable at:
Chief Constable Donovan Fisher
606 Stanley St, Nelson, BC V1L 1N4
Please mark your application Nelson Police Casual Dispatcher Competition #23NP19
The Nelson Police Department is an equal opportunity employer is committed to employment equity.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Experience an asset
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
August 3, 2023, 10:05 am
December 31, 2023, 4:00 pm