Town of Comox
The Town of Comox is seeking a permanent full-time Corporate Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Corporate Coordinator provides executive-level corporate administrative support, often of a confidential nature, to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Mayor and other members of Council and members of the senior management team. The Corporate Coordinator will play a key role in the preparation of agendas, minutes, reports, bylaws, policies, and statutory notices as well as Freedom of Information (FOI) requests. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and adapt to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the CAO and senior staff, promotes the Town’s vision to advance key corporate priorities through monitoring and evaluating the progress of Council’s strategic plan;
- Maintains a high level of day-to-day contact with the Corporate Services staff, Mayor and Council to ensure effective communication between Corporate Services staff and Council regarding operational matters; and
- Drafts reports, bylaws, policies, and statutory notices as well as maintains and updates bylaw and policy manuals.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in public administration, business administration or a related discipline, and minimum of 3 years’ experience in an executive coordinator or assistant position, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience;
- Considerable knowledge of the Local Government Act; Community Charter; Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act; Interpretation Act; bylaws, statutes; policies and related acts and regulations;
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate knowledge maintaining databases, spreadsheets, project records and related tracking systems;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts; and
- Clean Criminal Record Check
The salary range for this exempt position is $73,000 - $81,000 and includes a competitive benefits package.
A detailed job description is available on the Town’s website at www.comox.ca
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes (including references and cover letter) by email to [email protected]. Applications will be received until 4:30 pm Friday June 16, 2023.
We wish to thank all applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We respectfully acknowledge that we gather and work on the traditional territory of the K'ómoks First Nation, the traditional keepers of this land
3 years to less than 5 years
$73,000.00 to $81,000.00 Year
May 25, 2023, 4:26 pm
June 16, 2023, 4:30 pm
Town of Comox