Be a part of something great!
Cyber Security Lead
Competition File #: 23-U072
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Cyber Security Lead to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division, Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Network and Security, in this unionized position you will be responsible for leading the work in investigating design, implementation and operational issues in IT systems, network infrastructure and security governance. You will lead large projects involving the assessment and implementation of new technologies and solutions to optimize corporate systems security.
- Lead the investigation of design, implementation and operational weaknesses in enterprise-wide security of on-premise and cloud-based systems and infrastructures
- Prepare the design of information security solutions to enhance IT architecture and ensure adherence to industry standard best practices, regulatory guidelines and Township policies
- Define and establish standards and procedures for the security of IT systems, infrastructure, network and operations in accordance with industry standards
- Collaborate with senior IT technical staff on various initiatives related to the enhancement of systems architecture, design, implementation and operations
- Act as project lead for the development, coordination and implementation of large and/or complex cyber security related projects
- Manage and oversee the work of third-party consultants
- Develop and maintain cyber security incident response plans and respond to emergencies or trouble calls during work and/or after work hours
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of a degree in Computer Science or related field, including or supplemented by courses in communications and network systems plus considerable experience including network, security and infrastructure management experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Thorough knowledge of cyber security practices, principles, architectures and assessment techniques including firewalls, IDS/IPS, NDR, SOC, secure network design, disaster recovery, task organization, role segregation, role engineering and quality assurance for security
- Thorough knowledge of cyber security standards, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing and evaluation methods for systems security and related event and incident management
- Ability to apply cyber security and privacy principles to organizational requirements and recommend improvements to infrastructure systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication with a variety of internal/external contacts and provide advice, information and assistance as required
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and present proposals in non-technical language
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
Certificate in Information Systems Security such as CISSP, CASP+, SSCP, CCSP
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $52.35 - $61.99 per hour (5 steps, 2023 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: June 2, 2023
External closing date for this competition: June 15, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Cyber Security Lead
Experience an asset
$52.35 to $61.99 Hour
May 25, 2023, 11:49 am
June 15, 2023, 4:30 pm
Township of Langley