Job order J0523-1502
Job Type Auxiliary
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Childcare LeaderThe City of Port Moody is looking for an energetic, self-motivated childcare provider to join the recreational team as an Auxiliary Childcare Leader. This position cares for children ranging from infant to 5 years of age while overseeing their safety and general well being. The position will conduct individual and group activities and learning activities in areas such as arts, crafts, music and free play; supervise children ages 0 - 5 years; maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment; and communicate with parents. This position may assist with other programs and duties related to the preschool and children’s area as required.
This is an auxiliary position working Saturdays between 8:00am-11:45am and with shift coverage Monday to Friday 8:45am-12:00pm.
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of six months of related experience working with children aged 0 - 5 years in a childcare environment
- Standard First Aid and CPR "C"
- Ability to apply sound judgment, discretion and sensitivity
- Ability to create a fun and safe environment for children
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience working in a recreation environment is an asset
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and, where required, a satisfactory driver's abstract.
Applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with the City that a successful candidate who is not already employed by the City provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject only to human rights-based accommodation in applicable circumstances.
Click here to apply
1 to less than 7 months
Port Moody, BC
Other trades certificate or diploma
May 25, 2023, 9:25 am
June 7, 2023, 4:30 pm
City of Port Moody