Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Business Systems Analyst/Programmer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
SALARY: $81,778 – $96,625 annually plus benefits (2021 rates)
The City of New Westminster's Information Technology Division is seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for supporting various information systems for the City. In this position, you will be reporting to the Manager of IT Applications and joining a group of Business Systems Analysts. The focus for this position will be on planning, development, engineering, and fire department systems. You will also have the opportunity to leverage your skills with other systems, assess business requirements, recommend solutions, and act as project manager in the development or re-engineering of information systems and the implementation of information technology. As well, you will provide programing and ongoing application support, drive initiatives and act as liaison between client departments and vendors. You may perform a number of technical tasks involving implementation and maintenance of databases, servers, integrations with on premise and cloud bases systems, and other related hardware and software. The work requires a considerable degree of independent judgement and action within established guidelines
We are looking for a team member with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a reputable post-secondary institution in Computer Sciences plus considerable related experience in an integrated IT environment, management consulting, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Experience in developing in current Microsoft environments.
- ITIL certifications and project management certification would be an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of problem definition and analysis related to business processes and systems planning.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative management, systems analysis and software development.
- Considerable knowledge of information technology components, processes and developments including such areas as networks, servers, and workstation operating systems, hardware platforms, tablets, mobile applications and devices, IOT devices, fit-for-purpose handheld devices, and cloud based environments.
- Considerable understanding of relational database structure and analytical tools. Previous experience with SQL, business intelligence visualization tools, and data warehousing / data lakes would be an asset.
- Considerable experience in delivering and supporting planning, development, engineering, and fire department software applications.
- Experience with any of the following would be an asset: Autodesk AutoCAD, UKG Telestaff, UKG Kronos, ESRI GIS platform, Bluebeam, City Works, City Reporter, SLAM, Camino, FDM RMS, OpenText eDocs, electronic signatures, Tempest, JD Edwards, MS Dynamics 365 CRM, MS SharePoint 365, MS Azure services, MS .NET, MS Teams, and MS Visual DevOps.
- Considerable knowledge of departmental policies and procedures, the functions of departments served and their requirements in information technology. Preference will be given to applicants with municipal experience.
- A high-level comprehension of networking, firewall, cloud services, and server systems.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts and to provide advice and assistance on matters related to the work. This position requires substantial collaboration within IT as well as between departments within the City.
- The ability to document, analyze and assess a variety of information, identify priorities and resources and propose alternative business processes.
- The ability to analyze and evaluate data and information required for programming and computer systems purposes and to develop logical solutions to solve problems.
- The ability to listen to feedback from passionate stakeholders that do not have a technical background and communicate effectively orally and in writing and to present proposals that address this feedback in non-technical language.
- The ability to plan, develop, and host engaging visual presentations for stakeholders.
- The ability to perform assigned duties under minimum supervision.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume in one document at www.newwestcity.ca/employment by June 16, 2023
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
New Westminster is on the unceded and unsurrendered land of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples.
It is acknowledged by the City that colonialism has made invisible their histories and connections to the land.
We are learning and building relationships with the people whose lands we are on.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Business Systems Analyst/Programmer
5 years or more
New Westminster, BC
$81,778.00 to $96,625.00 Year
May 24, 2023, 11:03 am
June 16, 2023, 11:00 pm
City of New Westminster