City of Maple Ridge
Accounting Clerk 2
Status: Temporary Full Time CUPE
Salary: $28.98 - $34.13 per hour
Closing: June 11, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a temporary full time Accounting Clerk 2 to join our team in the Finance Department.
Are you the type of person that feels a sense of satisfaction when batches of invoices are all entered correctly, when the columns of numbers in your excel spreadsheet are neatly tabulated and balanced? Do you like to use cross checking formulas just to double check that things really are balanced? If you do we have an opportunity for you to join the Accounting Team at the City of Maple Ridge as an Accounting Clerk 2 and be a part of the group that is responsible for making sure that day-to-day transactions are processed efficiently, accurately and that financial information is provided within established timeframes. You will be asked to exercise judgement within established guidelines with senior staff reviewing your work to make sure those columns of numbers really did balance!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School graduation supplemented by bookkeeping and basic accounting courses equivalent to level 1 or 2 of a recognized accounting program, plus sound related experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and procedures governing the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of double entry bookkeeping methods and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of modern office procedures and practices and business English.
- Working knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation of equipment and systems as related to the work performed.
- Ability to carry out established accounting procedures, to process a variety of accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions, to prepare a variety of journal entries and statements and to reconcile a variety of accounts.
- Ability to process financial information with speed and accuracy and control and balance ledger accounts.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of reports, records and files related to the work performed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and provide routine information and assistance verbally and in writing on matters related to the work.
This is a temporary full time position for approximately six months which may be shortened or concluded due to unforeseen circumstances.
The successful applicant will have a solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, with particular emphasis on Excel, such as the use of advanced formulas, creating and maintaining mail merge documents, and creating and maintaining pivot tables etc.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accounting Clerk 2
Experience an asset
Maple Ridge, BC
$28.98 to $34.13 Hour
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
May 24, 2023, 8:40 am
June 11, 2023, 4:30 pm
City of Maple Ridge