The Abbotsford Police Department, with staff strength in excess of 300, is committed to making Abbotsford the safest city in BC. Through continuous improvement and innovation, we strive to provide the highest quality of service to our growing community. We currently have the following full time, exempt civilian position:
Full-Time Contract until March 2026 (subject to ongoing funding) with possible extension
The Analyst/Administrative Assistant will join the Abbotsford Police Department’s PATHWAYS program. This program’s aim is to create a long-term, integrated approach to combat gang violence.
- Responsible for collecting data on the program's activities, such as the number participants, level of risk, sources of referrals and demographic information
- Analyze the data and identify trends
- Create visualizations such as charts, graphs to help understand and interpret data
- Generate reports and presentations that clearly interpret data
- Maintain databases and data management
- Review data for accuracy and identify any discrepancies or errors
- Provide general administrative support as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Related diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Possess a sound knowledge of applicable computer applications, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Police Records Information Management Environment (PRIME) and Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- Performs duties with a high degree of accuracy, timeliness and efficiency.
- Applies logic and sound judgment in prioritizing workload and multi-tasking.
Salary Range: $ 25 to $ 30 per hour
The successful candidate must obtain and maintain an enhanced security clearance, which includes a polygraph test. If this opportunity matches your qualifications and expectations, please submit resumes online at www.abbypd.ca.
Closing date: June 2nd, 2023
We are accepting resumes online only
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Abbotsford Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diversity.
Experience an asset
$25.00 to $30.00 Hour
May 23, 2023, 2:06 pm
June 2, 2023, 4:30 pm
Abbotsford Police Department