Job order - J0523-1478
Category Information Technology
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
The City of Port Moody has a regular, full-time opportunity for an experienced GIS Supervisor to lead the GIS group within our Information Services team.
The GIS Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the City's GIS team. The role involves ensuring that GIS data is accurately collected, managed, analyzed, and maintained to support the needs of the City. This position uses an enterprise GIS system, relational databases, workflow automations and other enterprise applications to develop complex GIS applications, integrations, policies, procedures, queries, digital maps and reports.
- Lead and develop the City’s enterprise GIS system and its related databases, including project management
- Supervise the GIS team
- Oversee the integration of the GIS with other related software applications including land management, ERP, maintenance management and planning & development.
- Implement programs or systems and develop solutions while considering business and stakeholder requirements
- Make decisions that influence processes, policies and procedures for the GIS system and addressing the City’s land management enterprise application
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors on behalf of the City
- Administer spatial and tabular data
- Develop and implement data quality control measures to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Oversee the City’s land record database and mapping systems including BC Assessment and Land Titles Office updates
- Apply working knowledge of creating and maintaining a parcel fabric and assigning civic addresses
- Prepare and maintain digital maps using core cartographic principles and adhering to the municipal mapping standards of Port Moody
- Maintain record drawings (digital and hardcopy)
- Remain current with new GIS technologies and trends, and evaluate their potential impact on the organization's GIS operations
- Bachelor of Technology or related degree, specializing in Geographic Information Systems
- Three to five years of job-related experience working in a complex business processing environment, serving multiple departments and/or disciplines and their interconnected systems.
- Advanced CAD and GIS experience, specifically with ESRI and Autodesk products
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings (survey and utility plans)
- The use of database technologies (Microsoft SQL) is an asset
- Proficiency in FME Desktop and Server is an asset
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Police Information Check and a satisfactory Driver's Abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities and, for some positions, remote work opportunities.
Applicants are advised that it is a condition of employment with the City that a successful candidate who is not already employed by the City provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject only to human rights-based accommodation in applicable circumstances.
Click here to apply
3 years to less than 5 years
Port Moody, BC
May 23, 2023, 8:34 am
June 11, 2023, 4:30 pm
City of Port Moody