Manager, Enterprise Application IntegrationRequisition ID: 37755
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Manager, Enterprise Application Integration is responsible for managing strategic technology programs and projects in support of the City of Vancouver’s Corporate Plan and Annual Technology Plan (ATP) as it relates to the build-out of the Enterprise Integration ecosystem and solutions for the City of Vancouver.
The Manager is responsible for supporting the Technology Leadership Team (TLT), in executing and delivering a range of strategic initiatives including establishment of Enterprise Integration teams, roadmaps and practices, and Insights Center of Enablement to facilitate the advancement of Integration platforms, products, services and application integration support for the City.
The Manager is also responsible for designing and implementing new operational models emerging from the successful delivery of strategic programs to support a growing digital organization. The Manager makes recommendations for changes in methods, process and procedures that may impact financial and operational areas as well as staffing workloads, work assignments, changes in positions or staffing levels.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Advances digital and technology directions and solutions for the City of Vancouver by leading and implementing technology programs, enabling business departments to deliver operational and strategic requirements.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Enterprise integrations team and directly manages other staff, contractors and vendors to ensure successful delivery of the Annual Technology Plan as well as operational targets. Guides team supervisors in the analysis and resolution of complex problems including analyzing the business and technical risks of potential solutions based on a variety of factors.
- Provides guidance, structure, and strategic thought leadership to support successful implementation of strategic and operational initiatives and actively partners with City Departments and other internal stakeholder groups to understand their vision, business direction and assess opportunities and risks.
- Leads the development of large scale (multi-million $, multi-year), transformational, complex, cross-department programs and transformational projects, clearly identifying scope, budget and schedule as well as risks, resourcing, and governance. Directs the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation in accordance with TS PMO tools and artifact guidelines. Partners with executive Program/Project Sponsor, Steering Committee, critical business partners and team members to communicate the program goals, objectives and potential outcomes. Executes projects and program according to approved plans and roadmaps.
- Facilitates solution definition for business units to address data and analytics strategic opportunities aligning technology goals and objectives to desired business unit deliverables using sustainable and scalable technologies and architecture
- Provides proactive analysis of program delivery progress using data from a variety of enterprise planning, management and execution tools (e.g. Aha, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), ServiceNow ITBM etc.) and direct the development of approaches to address any required changes.
- Responsible for the engagement and ongoing management of vendors and consultants to supplement internal resources, particularly for highly specialized areas of Enterprise Integrations.
- Collaborates with business leaders to better understand business drivers, challenges and strategy and how to positively influence these through the execution of strategic programs and projects in the Enterprise applications and integrations domain for citizens and public.
- Formulates and analyzes technology and business adoption scenarios to help assess the opportunities, risks, and best approaches for modernizing CoV’s corporate and departmental approach to system and information integration, including integration governance, application and integration management, application and system integration framework, API management, Integration system maintenance, and providing continual integration services and support to Technology Services and business departments.
- Represents Technology Services. at senior management levels across the organization to ensure cohesion with processes and procedures.
- Accesses highly sensitive strategic and business information (e.g., business strategy, vendor pricing, etc.) to inform strategic decision making that materially impacts service delivery to both staff and members of the public.
- Provides leadership to staff including hiring, assigning responsibilities, evaluating performance, coaching, career development, succession planning, mentoring, training and development, providing feedback and discipline up to and including termination.
- Responsible for digital and technology platforms and/or products that support critical business service delivery that integrates enterprise systems and business systems, that has large user City & public user base. Ensures secure and effective design implementation and maintenance of platforms / product to support business continuity.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a robust Integration program that will position the City of Vancouver as a leader is the Integration space and providing citizens and public with city information.
- Develops Integration Center of Enablement and associated data governance policies, and ensures alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and technology plan for the City. Ensures operational model meets objectives including providing accurate and timely delivery of dashboards and reports to business unit directors, city executives for business decision support.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or business administration and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in managing enterprise application projects or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance
- Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards.
- Experience with DevOps delivery models and the implementation for integration service delivery
- Experiencing in developing a framework for integration governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business.
- Extensive knowledge in integration architecture strategic solutions with awareness of best practices associated with API platform team and integration strategy empowerment team
- Extensive knowledge of the following technologies: Enterprise application integration strategy implementation including integration systems/tools, integration management, creating / operationalizing integration strategy empowerment team and API platform team, integration governance, integration architecture, security and privacy, integration standards & framework, regulatory compliance and enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of leadership/management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of COBIT management framework
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate, engage and mentor staff
- Excellent customer service skills and expertise in relating to vendors, c-suite stakeholders and business colleagues.
- Excellent creative problem-solving
- Strong problem-solving approach and ability to understand new business models and domains.
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: outcome focused and team oriented.
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills in a complex business environment
- Ability to effectively and positively influence others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to foster and support professional development of team members and guide career planning conversations to set them up for success.
- Ability to communicate effectively; foster high standards; coach; inspire and manage multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced, performance-focused environment using excellent interpersonal, visual design, presentation and written skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and team members to provide advice, information and assistance.
- Ability to handle business critical, confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to requests in a timely manner.
The City’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the City deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: July, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade RNG-111: $112,215 to $147,651 per annum
Application Close: June 11, 2023
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.
Manager, Enterprise Application Integration
5 years or more
$112,215.00 to $147,651.00 Year
May 19, 2023, 4:27 pm
June 11, 2023, 4:30 pm
City of Vancouver