City of Maple Ridge
Clerk Typist 2 - RCMP
Competition # 23-087
Status: Auxiliary CUPE
Department: Police Services
Salary: $23.77 - $27.90 per hour
Closing: June 4, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This auxiliary position involves moderately complex clerical and typing work in the Ridge-Meadows RCMP detachment. An incumbent is responsible for work which involves the sequence of duties performing transcription in Steno. This typing and clerical work of some variety and moderate complexity involving responsibility for performing assignments requiring the exercise of some independent judgement and action in developing work methods and procedures. The work of this class requires special skills to accurately transcribe verbatim audio and video information while meeting deadlines. Work performance is checked and reviewed by a superior for accuracy and conformance with sound practices and procedures. Previous work experience in a police environment, knowledge of police terminology, police Records Information Management Environment (PRIME) and experience in police audio/video transcription would be an asset.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of the 11th school grade including or supplemented by rapid and accurate typing, word processing, and commercial courses, plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and punctuation;
- Sound knowledge of the functions, regulations and rules governing applicable department operations and activities;
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures;
- Sound knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation of word processing equipment and their capabilities as related to the work performed;
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and memoranda and arrange format for reports, tabulations, summaries and related material;
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, staff and officials in supplying information and assistance related to departmental operations;
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical and typing assignments and where applicable to operate word processing and peripheral equipment to process a variety of material;
- Ability to provide routine technical assistance to staff relating to the use of personal computer software and resolution of non-complex hardware problems;
- Ability to use personal computer software as related to work performed;
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
HOURS OF WORK:
Hours of work are governed by Schedule “B” (M) - based on article 13.01 which may, at the discretion of the Commanding officer of the RCMP or his/her duly appointed representative, work any seven (7) hours between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 midnight, Monday to Sunday, inclusive, with shift differential as per Article 14.10. When shifts are changed, or positions hired, employees in the positions will be given shift preference on the basis of seniority. This is an auxiliary position with no ongoing schedule of hours.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting email@example.com.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Clerk Typist 2 - RCMP
Experience an asset
Maple Ridge, BC
$23.77 to $27.90 Hour
Other trades certificate or diploma
May 18, 2023, 4:30 pm
June 4, 2023, 4:30 pm
City of Maple Ridge