Asset Integration Technician
Integrated Water Services – Customer & Technical Services
Competition Number: 23/028
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $36.80 to $41.72 per hour
Review of applications begins: This position will remain open until filled
What is the CRD?
The Capital Regional District (CRD) is the regional government for 13 municipalities and three electoral areas on southern Vancouver Island and the surrounding Gulf Islands, serving more than 432,000 people.
Our administrative boundaries span the Traditional Territories of many First Nations, all of whom have a long standing relationship with the land and waters from time immemorial that continues to this day.
We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. In our commitment to bring differing perspectives to our workplace, and to deliver the best possible service to our customers, we encourage and welcome applications from all people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and lived experiences.
The Asset Integration Technician is responsible to ensure the consistency, accuracy and reliability of the infrastructure master data in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for Integrated Water Services (IWS). This includes collecting of asset master data, the onboarding of new and replaced assets, verification and validation of master data quality and completeness. The position also supports data information through providing related reports.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
People working in this role can expect to be responsible for performing the following duties. This list is not meant to be comprehensive and other related duties similar in scope and complexity may be performed.
- Creates and maintains a process for onboarding new and replaced infrastructure into the CMMS.
- Creates, maintains and monitors infrastructure master data sheets and required preventative maintenance sheets for new and existing infrastructure.
- Provides infrastructure master data sheet to Maintenance Management Coordinators for entry into the CMMS.
- Carries out master data audits at critical sites to validate master data.
- Reviews infrastructure master data in the CMMS to ensure completeness, consistency, accuracy, and integrity.
- Liaises with Corporate Asset Management and works collaboratively to ensure internal stakeholder requirements are met.
- Provides IWS stakeholders with data and guidance on standards for master data.
- Liaises and communicates with Infrastructure Operations and Engineering to determine master data requirements.
- Establishes and maintains equipment onboarding processes and documentation.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves problems related to infrastructure master data.
- Provides guidance, training, direction, and technical support, as required, with emphasis on infrastructure master data.
- Uses SAP transactions to extract data and create reports, analyses data and provides data and analysis reporting to users.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Related diploma, such as business or technical discipline and 3 years project and field experience in water and wastewater systems including infrastructure data collection and data analysis.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful at the CRD, candidates should have a shared understanding of our Cultural Traits and Statement of Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Additionally, ideal candidates would possess the following role specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communications (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Proficiency and experience with MS Office and ERP software such as SAP Plant Maintenance.
- Skilled in accurate and prompt data entry and checking source information.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and analyze maintenance information.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to organize, set, and maintain priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain a high degree of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience remaining current with new technology and learn new software programs.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and demonstrated initiative to identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to provide customer support in a timely manner.
- Ability to use own initiative in researching and resolving routine inquiries and reconciliations.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit www.crd.bc.ca and submit your application on our careers page.
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply and may consider a combination of experience, education and/or training where possible.
Asset Integration Technician
3 years to less than 5 years
$36.80 to $41.72 Hour
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
May 17, 2023, 2:00 pm
June 10, 2023, 4:00 pm
Capital Regional District