Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: 6951 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC
We're looking for an experienced Power Engineer to operate our physical plant and carry out preventative maintenance on mechanical systems and equipment, trouble shoot and take corrective action to prevent equipment or system failures, and ensure work performed meets all applicable safety, regulatory and quality standards.
Reporting to the Manager, Building Operations and Infrastructure, and working directly under the Chief Engineer, the Power Engineer is a key component of the Real Property & Workplace Services team, responsible for the monitoring, and operation and maintenance of all WorkSafeBC facilities.
How you'll make a difference: You'll help create a sustainable workplace that allows people to thrive.
Where you'll work
In this role, you'll work onsite at our Richmond office.
This role may work a shift ranging between the hours of 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday to Sunday.
- Operate and maintain a variety of mechanical equipment, machinery and systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled preventative maintenance, service requests and other related repairs on WorkSafeBC equipment and machinery
- Maintain a variety of steam operated mechanical machinery
- Install, alter, repair and remove plumbing fixtures, pipes, valves, fittings, insulation, computerized controls, wiring, gas fired equipment, VAV boxes, heat pumps, exhaust, return and supply air systems related to plumbing, hot water heating, sprinkler systems, ducting and sheet metal work, and HVAC systems
- Interface with computerized building direct digital control systems
- Take daily readings of all equipment as required, including but not limited to supply air temperatures, water temperatures and pressure readings; document and inspect for irregularities
We're looking for people who can:
- Provide input as requested regarding plumbing and mechanical design drawings
- Work well independently, as well as part of a collective maintenance team
- Ensure all work performed and monitored meets appropriate safety, regulatory, quality standards and manufacturers specifications; ensure all lockout procedures are followed; and keeps abreast of new technological changes relevant to WorkSafeBC's environment
- Travel to area offices throughout the province on occasion to ensure their safe and efficient operation
- Assist other trades staff in the completion of various assignments as needed
- On occasion, be on call 24 hours a day on a rotational basis
Your background and experience
- Completion of grade 12
- A 4th class Power Engineer Certificate
- A minimum of 3 years directly related experience
- A valid BC driver's license
- It would be an asset to have a Computer Science Certificate and working knowledge of Reliable and Delta Controls
- We'll consider equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect.
Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are.
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work — and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Health care and dental benefits
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Learn more: Find out what we offer.
Want to apply?
Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/645e4ebe424a1551f5114977/5c8a775a01536405b1f3a5e8/en
3 years to less than 5 years
Other trades certificate or diploma
May 12, 2023, 12:17 pm
June 11, 2023, 4:30 pm