Métis Nation British Columbia
Ministry of Citizenship
Position: Temporary Full-Time (37.5 hours per week) for a 12-month term
Location: Remote/Hybrid/Provincial office – Station Tower (13401 – 108th Avenue, Surrey)
Closes: Posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice
Classification: Administrative 2
Salary Range: $49,000 - $57,000 annually
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA:
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
MNBC’s KAA-WIICHIHITOYAAHK (We take care of each other) Initiatives offers employees a competitive total compensation package including:
- comprehensive group benefit package or health-care spending account and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan
- 15 paid days per year for statutory and
- cultural days (Indigenous Peoples Day, Truth and Reconciliation Day, & Louis Riel Day)
- carpool, parking & public transit subsidies (Provincial Office only)
- educational spending account and professional development allowances to provide annual funding to continue lifelong learning and skills upgrade.
- remote workplace supports.
- internal advancement & redeployment opportunities
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Citizenship Operations Manager, the primary purpose of the Citizenship Intake is to support the processing of citizenship applications.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews applications to ensure all required documentation has been submitted.
- Data entry, file creation, scanning and uploading documents.
- Communicates with applicants as needed to support the application process.
- Supports digitization as needed.
- Advance complete citizenship applications to the Citizenship Assessment Team for review and verification.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Administrative Assistant diploma or certificate
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative capacity
- Combination of relevant experience, education, and training will be considered.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word, Excel and other database/software required by the role
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC.
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY using “Citizenship Intake - #23-066” in the subject line of the email. Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Citizenship Operations Manager
Métis Nation British Columbia
2 years to less than 3 years
$49,000.00 to $57,000.00 Year
Other trades certificate or diploma
May 11, 2023, 3:15 pm
August 11, 2023, 4:30 pm
Metis Nation British Columbia