615 Main Street ● PO Box 610 ● Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
District of Lillooet
Tel 250-256-4289 ● Fax 250-256-4288 ● www.lillooet.ca
Lillooet sits on the banks of the Fraser River in a beautiful valley rich with agriculture and surrounded by forested mountains. Adjoining valleys host rivers, creeks, and lakes creating a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts.
Those who choose to live and work in Lillooet enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities, as well as the proximity to both Whistler and Kamloops. If you seek a career where there is opportunity for advancement within the organization and you can be proud to be part of the community you call home, Lillooet awaits!
- Perform manual labour associated with construction and ongoing operation, maintenance and repair of municipal roads, sidewalks, surface drainage facilities, sewer, water works, parks, equipment, sanitation, and municipal buildings as directed by the Works Foreman;
- Where qualified, perform the work of other Public Works classifications (at those pay rates) as required, to ensure the efficient operation of the Public Works Department;
- Be available for call-out emergencies in the municipal infrastructure as required.
Please refer to the complete Job Description.
Non-Required Supporting Qualifications (if any):
- EOCP certification in Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Wastewater Treatment and/or Wastewater Collection;
- Any other experience or expertise that the Applicant may have that adds value to their resume (incl. trades experience, professional certifications, technological/IT skills, air brakes, etc.)
Hours of work:
40 hours per week
Rate of Pay and Promotion Opportunities:
- This is a Union position within CUPE Local 173. The current rate of pay is $27.21/hour.
- Promotion to Labourer II ($30.88/hour) is possible once an employee at Labourer I has worked the required number of hours on the job and completed appropriate training and courses, or has achieved a combination of hours, training, and experience deemed sufficient by the Public Works Foreman and Director of Public Works and Utilities.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume, and driver’s abstract (PDFs preferred) to Jeremy Denegar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until the position is filled. Please visit https://lillooet.ca/jobs to see the job description for this position.
We thank all interested individuals for their applications for this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Experience an asset
Other trades certificate or diploma
May 8, 2023, 4:09 pm
June 8, 2023, 4:30 pm
District of Lillooet