Métis Nation British Columbia
Position: Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Hybrid/Provincial office – Station Tower (13401 – 108th Avenue, Surrey)
Closes: Posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice
Classification: Coordinator 2
Salary Range: $63,000 - $75,000 annually
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA:
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
MNBC’s KAA-WIICHIHITOYAAHK (We take care of each other) Initiatives offers employees a competitive total compensation package including:
- comprehensive group benefit package or health-care spending account and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan
- 15 paid days per year for statutory and
- cultural days (Indigenous Peoples Day, Truth and Reconciliation Day, & Louis Riel Day)
- carpool, parking & public transit subsidies (Provincial Office only)
- educational spending account and professional development allowances to provide annual funding to continue lifelong learning and skills upgrade.
- remote workplace supports.
- internal advancement & redeployment opportunities
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Manager of Executive Operations, the Executive Coordinator is accountable for providing efficient confidential support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and actively supporting the broader objectives of those respective departments. The position is responsible for a variety of executive administrative support services to the COO, CFO, and their respective department leadership team’s which includes the timely and efficient flow of information between departments and Chief Executive Officer’s (CEO) Office and maintaining effective working relationships across the organization. The Executive Coordinator applies a high level of professional maturity and good judgment to coordinate executive support, ensuring the delivery of efficient and effective confidential service to support the realization of the vision, mandate, and goals of MNBC
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the COO and CFO calendars by determining priorities and urgent situations, scheduling meetings or time, and making changes and adjustments as required.
- Reviews the COO and CFO email communications and assists in providing timely responses.
- Prepares materials for meetings, such as agendas, PowerPoint presentations and background/briefing materials; and brief the COO and/or CFO on meeting topics, issues, and background.
- Arranges meetings and events with a variety of participants and coordinates the logistics, including facilities and catering.
- Develops, implements, and maintains administrative systems, procedures, and standards, including executive correspondence, templates, records management, and mail processing.
- Makes travel arrangements and completes all related travel authorizations and expense reimbursements on behalf of the COO and CFO.
- Supports the COO and CFO in dealing with confidential, sensitive personnel, or other organizational matters.
- Provides accurate document management support by composing and/or editing a variety of
- documents. This includes many highly confidential correspondences, memoranda, contracts and
- Develops and maintains a tracking system to ensure correspondence, reports, etc., are completed within critical timelines.
- Identifies emerging issues, determines their urgency/priority, gathers, and compiles background information, and briefs the COO and/or CFO for timely and appropriate decisions and/or action.
- Provides back-up support to the Manager of Executive Operations as required.
- Provides support on other administrative duties for the COO and/or CFO office as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Undergraduate level studies or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3 years progressive administrative responsibilities and at least 2 years executive assistance
- work experience required.
- Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by Métis people in B.C.
- Candidate must be friendly, personable, and able to build harmonious working relationships with senior leadership, Métis Chartered Communities, co-workers, and the general public.
- Able to exercise diplomacy, tact, and good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and in protecting confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to perform secretarial and administrative duties with deliberate speed and accuracy and
- without immediate and constant supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present and execute on.
- innovative ideas. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Outstanding grammar and proofreading skills.
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and ability to handle highly visible responsibilities.
- Ability to take initiative, act independently and direct one’s own work.
- Candidate must be very organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Practical experience and strong facility with Microsoft Office applications required; experience with design/presentation and/or database applications desired.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC.
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY using “Executive Coordinator - #23-056” in the subject line of the email. Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Executive Operations
Métis Nation British Columbia
3 years to less than 5 years
$63,000.00 to $75,000.00 Year
April 24, 2023, 8:32 am
July 24, 2023, 4:30 pm
Metis Nation British Columbia