One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
City of Delta
Are you eager to become a lifeguard? Get your toes wet as a swimming instructor before completing your National Lifeguard certification!
The City of Delta is seeking applications from enthusiastic candidates who have completed the Water Safety Instructor and/or Swim for Life Instructor certification to join our team to provide instructional and recreational aquatics programs and leisure play activities for all age groups. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team committed to connecting people to active living as well as making a difference in your community, we encourage you to apply to this opportunity!
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts water safety program instruction for all age ranges and for a variety of community groups.
- Leads leisure play activities for special events, birthday parties and various celebrations.
- Performs custodial and janitorial duties relative to the aquatic facility.
- Ensures the safety of patrons participating in water safety programs and leisure play activities.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Ensures observance of regulations governing public conduct within recreational facilities and activities.
- Provides routine information to the public regarding programs and facilities; promotes interest and ongoing participation in programs.
- Ensures for safe and proper use of equipment and facilities.
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor Certification
- Minimum age of sixteen (16) years.
- Completion of Grade 10 and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience is an asset.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $23.86 per hour (2022 rates) + 12% in lieu of vacation, public holidays and benefits. Interested applicants are requested to apply online at www.delta.ca/employment, to competition number #23-87 EX by June 30, 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend one (1) mandatory wet skills screening assessment and a dry interview at Sungod Recreation Centre on one of the following dates:
- Summer Hiring: Thursday, April 27, Tuesday, May 2
- Fall Hiring: Thursday, July 20 or Tuesday, July 25
Candidates will be assigned a timeslot between 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm, and can plan to be at the pool for 1.5 - 2 hours. Candidates who are unable to attend one of these dates may not be considered.
The City of Delta's Covid-19 Vaccination Policy has been suspended, however, we reserve the right to reinstate it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our community, and our Communicable Disease Plan and related protocols remain in place
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Copies of relevant professional certificates, degrees, or tickets must be submitted with your application. Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
Experience an asset
Other trades certificate or diploma
April 4, 2023, 11:24 am
June 30, 2023, 4:30 pm
City of Delta