Office Support Clerk III (Accounts Payable) - City of Vancouver
Office Support Clerk III (Accounts Payable)Requisition ID: 38195
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Performs varied administrative work to assist branch staff in procurement tasks, processes invoice payment records, and reviews a variety of work records to ensure project documentation is accurate, work is complete and costs are invoiced accurately.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The Office Support Clerk III functions as the branch subject matter expert for all branch transactions related to procurement and invoice payments; gathers the necessary information for and creates shopping carts; reconciles invoices to packing slips, purchase orders and contracts; codes and approves invoices for payment using various SAP transactions; and trouble shoots invoice payment errors.
The Office Support Clerk III monitors work in progress and completed by the Branch; examines records to determine that work is complete and costs are accurate; and liaise with supervisors, managers and Accounts Payable Central staff for questions about invoice payment or goods receipts, and internal approvals. Also may perform a variety of other duties related to the work of the branch as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by office administration and/or business courses and sound related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with administrative tasks in Engineering Operations is preferred.
- Experience processing a large volume of work with sustained accuracy and speed while handling considerable interruptions.
- Sound knowledge of branch operations, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Ability to provide accurate information, in a tactful manner, to the public and internal stakeholders.
- Proficiency with SAP, with an emphasis on purchasing and payment transactions.
- Proficiency in additional software programs including Hansen, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and VanDocs.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team setting.
- Ability to organize effectively and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
The City’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the City deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: May 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: March 26, 2023
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.