Senior Electrical Instrumentation Technician - Regional District of Central Okanagan
Regional District of Central Okanagan
Senior Electrical Instrumentation Technician
Do you have the ability to troubleshoot, install and repair sophisticated instrumentation for power control systems and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaborate within a team? If so, we want you on our Engineering Services Team!
As the successful candidate as the Senior Electrical Instrumentation Technician, you will:
- Develop and maintain work on all devices connected to the digital control system (DCS), including system design and system control programming in order to ensure that power control systems and communication/telemetry networks continue to function safely and properly.
- Develop back-up programs for all systems and document systems to ensure that systems can be quickly reinstalled in the event of main system malfunction.
- Develop Excel reports and historical systems control data to maintain system operations and control.
- Perform preventative maintenance as per preventative program, and in consultation with Senior Operators and Supervisor.
- Perform maintenance repairs and alterations of power distribution and utilization equipment.
- Install and test new equipment and systems as part of the capital projects program.
- Ensure systems remain operable by troubleshooting for alarms and alerts requiring immediate attention and addressing any remedial action required.
- Plan electrical/instrumentation work with input from Senior Operators and Supervisor.
- Provide Operator training on installed devices or process control to ensure proper sequencing/procedures and safety methods are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical instrumentation maintenance and repair, programming experience with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition SCADA Control, Technical Safety BC – Field Safety Representative Class A or B, FSR Certification and a Canadian Red Seal endorsement TQ as an Industrial Electrician or Instrument Mechanic. You will have working knowledge of Windows programs and strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. A valid BC Drivers License is required.
This position will work Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm (weekend work may be required on occasion) and pays $44.39 per hour.
The Regional District of Central Okanagan offers a variety of perks from dental, health and vision benefits, paid vacation, pension plan, training and development, opportunities for advancement, work-life balance, on-site parking, and the opportunity to contribute and make a change within the community.
View the full job description and apply at rdco.com/jobs by Friday, April 7, 2023.
The Regional District of Central Okanagan is an employer of choice made up of a dedicated team of people who care about the community we serve. We are located in one of the most desirable places to live in BC, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. The appeal of Okanagan Lake and the natural beauty of the surroundings continue to draw people to the valley. Our lifestyle is second to none especially for those who live to enjoy the outdoors.