FireSmart™ Home Partners Program Administrative Coordinator - FireSmart BC
FireSmart™ Home Partners Program Administrative Coordinator
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Home Partners Program Provincial Coordinator
ORGANIZATION(s): Pyriscence Consulting (FireSmart BC, FCABC)
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 2 years; with continuation likely to occur
SHIFT / HOURS OF WORK: The regular hours of work for this position are up to 35 hours per week. From time to time, may be required to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational requirements.
CONDITIONS OF WORK: Some travel throughout the province of British Columbia may be requested and is a requirement of this position.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Home Partners Provincial Coordinator, The Home Partners Program (HPP) Administrative Coordinator will assist in supporting, developing and at times delivering the HPP and other related initiatives throughout the province of British Columbia. The incumbents will work with program users, new and old, to schedule education sessions, support program auditing, and coordinate presentations and workshops, with the ultimate goal of increasing the programs impact and FireSmart at large reaching all communities in the province. The HPP Administrative Coordinator will work closely with a variety of program partners and users, ensuring a seamless and professional level of program support to a quickly growing and fast paced work environment. In addition to HPP related tasks, the HPP Administrative Coordinator will assist with FireSmart projects including liaising with the insurance industry, BC Wildfire Service, FireSmart Canada, First Nations, local governments and other entities as required.
HPP ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR DUTIES:
- Work collaboratively with the HPP Provincial Coordinator to promote the coordinated delivery of FireSmart HomePartners in the Province of BC.
- Participate in and comply with FireSmart training.
- Support HPP training, workshops and engagement, contact, outreach, scheduling and delivery.
- Support First Nations and Local governments develop or grow FireSmart programs including the HPP.
- Work with FireSmart Canada to maintain the HPP’s digital databases, platform updates and technical changes.
- Review both training HPP FireSmart home ignition zone assessments and currently operating HPP assessments for consistency, alignment, effectiveness and efficacy.
- Schedule FireSmart HPP training workshops and presentations to interested communities, events, entities, agencies and conferences across the province.
- Support research, literature review and associated subcommittees regarding the effectiveness, need and application of FireSmart initiatives.
- Establish and maintain program contact lists on a regular basis to assist FireSmart remain in contact with and update HPP participating communities.
- Support liaising with the insurance industry and other related agencies or entities.
- Other duties as required.
- Two year diploma in the field of Science, Forest Technology, Natural Resource Management, Structural
- Firefighting or other relevant field
- Two years experience working in wildfire, structure fire, emergency management, forestry or a combination of these
- An equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered for this position
- Previous experience delivering education and training in a professional setting
- Local FireSmart Representative designation, or willing to attain
- Wildfire Mitigation Specialist Designation or willing to attain
- Successful completion of S100 Fire Suppression or SPP-WFF1 course
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in wildfire behavior and wildfire management principles
- Knowledge of the FireSmart Home Partners Program and other FireSmart BC & Canada programs
- General knowledge and awareness of emergency management, planning, forestry, landscaping and building construction principals
- Ability to work with and provide education to the public in a one on one and group setting
- Ability to make professional group presentations.
- Ability to work independently within a collaborative teamwork approach
- Proficiency in report writing and reviewing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient computer and written communication skills